Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DSG Gearbox

Options
  • 24-03-2006 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Anyone here drive a VW with the DSG gearbox. Wonder how they are finding it. Doesnt it also have a mode that when you are in traffic it automatically engages the parking break(when in auto mode).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Will tell you in 5 weeks times, my GTI is on order !!!
    Yee-Haa !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Testdrove the Golf GTI DSG at the weekend - The gearbox was fantastic, but not sure about the option that you mentioned as we did not stop in traffic. (The dealer kept telling me how powerful the car was with 200bhp - nearly choked when I told him my current car has 280bhp and that the Golf was a bit sluggish - which of course it wasnt)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Flangemonger

Has anyone had any experiences with DSG gearboxes since this thread was last updated?
    I've been in love with the idea of them ever since I saw how they worked, and I'm very interested to know how they're working out for people in real-world use.
    They've been out a couple of years, so if there are any horror stories they should be starting to surface by now!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Have had one for over a year. Absolutely fantastic. I'd never think about going back to a manual.

The golf doesn't have an electronic brake so no, it doesn't engage the handbrake in traffic. Not entirely sure about the passat though. Its electronic brake might just engage automatically but I didn't find it doing that on my test drive.

Can't say I have any problems with mine. The one thing I would recommend is getting the cruise control with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

The passat has but not sure if it is optional. Think its not.

The DSG sounds great. It'd be a toss up betweeen a VW DSG and the new Audi Multitronic gearbox for me.

Have had one for over a year. Absolutely fantastic. I'd never think about going back to a manual.

The golf doesn't have an electronic brake so no, it doesn't engage the handbrake in traffic. Not entirely sure about the passat though. Its electronic brake might just engage automatically but I didn't find it doing that on my test drive.

Can't say I have any problems with mine. The one thing I would recommend is getting the cruise control with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The passat has but not sure if it is optional. Think its not.

Electronic handbrake is standard on all passat's. You can't use it in a driving test. Anyway back to DSG's

Advertisement