Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissension Mechanic (spoiler)

Options
  • 23-03-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

It seems some of dissension has been spoiled, specifically the Rakdos Cult mechanic. The card which was spoiled is this:

Mucus-Bound Rat
    cost: RB
    2/2
    (mechanic name unknown):When you have no cards in hand, this creature gets +1/+0 and B: regenerate this creature

So it seems rakdos is all about having no cards in hand. this is synergistic with the other two cards spoiled (both from rakdos) which some players might recognise-reprints of seal of doom and seal of fire

Seal of Fire
    Enchantment
    Cost R
    Sacrifice Seal of Fire; deal 2 damage to target creature or player

Seal of Doom
    Enchantment
    Cost 2B
    Sacrifice Seal of Doom; destroy target nonblack creature

So these are basically enchantment forms of Shock and Dark Banishing. The good thing about them is that you don't have to leave mana untapped anymore to use them at instant speed. The bad news is that your opponent can see exactly what tricks you've got. It does however support the rakdos theme-instead of holding your tricks back in your hand, put them out on the field and empty your hand. having all of your creatures pumped and able to regenerate is pretty powerful, but having no cards in hand sucks, so rakdos may be viable in its own aggro deck but probably work synergistically poorly in limited with the other guilds. Should be interesting to see how it works out. Source = http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoiler/dissension

also check out http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=33912 for all known info about Dissension

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Yow! One with Nothing will finally get the respect it deserves! Or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Hehe, indeed. i reckon Mindslicer could finally become type 2 playable in its own R/B aggro deck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

just thought about the mechanic and i think it would be quite playable with cards such as bottled cloister.

sorry OWN,you still suck:(

there are a few more spoiled cards at http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoiler/dissension/

Infernal Tutor - could be amazing in a rakdos deck, it'll depend on what kind of support it gets. Not sure if its all that good with cards in hand, but nice and cheap anyway

Cranky Hufflepuff - crap in constructed, great in limited

Chant of Rakdos - crap in constructed (i think-too costly), great in limited

Leaf Drake perch - Bomb in Limited in the late game, awful in constructed

Transformation - I'm sure there's some sort of crazy deck that can abuse this card, but i can't see it. real shame about the non-legendary clause

as an aside, the artwork for Blessed Fountain and Blood Crypt is awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Infernal tutor is great. Could afford to be an instant, but then people have a tendency to break instant tutoring cards which is why you wont find any more of them.

Cranky Hufflepuff could find a home in some deck someday, but its too expensive and too plain to go into one of mine.

Chant of Rakdos is a bomb in limited and a decent goblin deck will abuse it too, I'm sure.

Leaf Drake perch as you say, is a bomb in limited but too costly for any serious constructed deck.

Transformation just begs to be broken, as it stands I'd imagine it would be nice in Limited. Remember, at the very least you can instantly transform your weenie/token into his big fat guy and block him. Or convert his fat into a weenie. Combat tricks are always nice and this is as nice as they come. You can attack with your flyer, wait for no blockers and convert him into a big fat unblocked game-winner ;)

• Advertisement

I dunno, i don't like Transformation. Its problem is if your opponent has big creatures, i'd prefer a removal spell to deal with them permanently than copying them for one turn. If you have the big creatures, you should be winning anyway. If it were 1 colourless cheaper i might consider it, but when you think that for the same mana you can have putrefy or mortify, i just think it doesn't make the cut.

It appears as if starcitygames has gotten in on the spoiling of dissension with the spoiling of this beauty:

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/11657.html

Looks ridiculously poweful to me, amazingness in an aggro deck. good power level, well costed, very nice ability. could be a maindeck in a pure aggro rakdos deck

Edit: Link fixed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Broken link?

Advertisement