Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2cv owner club in Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is such a thing?
    Thanks

Laurent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Not as far as I know. There's an Irish Section of the Citroen Car Club in the UK, it is worth joining. There's an annual Irish Citroen meet - this year it is in Carlingford Co. Louth on the first weekend of July. If the last one is anything to go by, it will be worth attending. There's never enough 2CVs at the meets for my liking - lots of Tractions, CXs and DSs, though. The organiser has a spectacular 1961 425cc 2cv - he'll be bringing that, I hope.

What do you have? I've a bit of a longing for a Dyane and/or an Ami Break.

2cvgb is also worth joining, but I don't think they are that active over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

A faded-red 1988 2cv6 Club.
    Chassis sorted, bodywork... in progress...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

Would have thought that there was one, after all there is a mini moke club :) My aunt had a Dolly, lots of personality, not much engine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I think the 2CV has a fabulous engine - it's just tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

Nope, no 2CV club in Ireland...
    I've had mine since mid-last year ('88 2CV 6), same as yourself... chassis good, body in progress ;-) Just changed points, plugs, leads, coil and condensor... now waiting on a timing light I bought to reassemble...

http://mx5ireland.com/members/srigley/2CV/pics/2CVa.JPG

Any pics of yours?

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Does anyone know if they still run the 24hr 2CV race at Mondello?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

el tel wrote:
    Not anymore, the 2 cv race calendar only shows Brittish race tracks.
    (http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/2006/year/2006-calander.html)
    I think they also run in Spa-Francorchamps.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

When was the 2cv first sold in Ireland? around I948? or did it arrive like 40 years later........ The reason i ask is that I have an old John Hinde postcard of Dublin taken in the early 60s and there is a 2cv parked outside Trinity college, blue in colour with the suicide font doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

No affialiation but there's a guy just outside Craughwel who is trying to get rid/sell 2x2cv's, Think they would have to be triaged to build one good one, if anyone's interested email me on dklynsmith@eircom.net and I'll give you directions or find his phone number.Repeat NO affiliation!!
    There's also a beautiful Burgundy and Black 2CV in Gort that I envy
    Regards
    Dax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IrialK

Hi I'm after getting two 2cvs in the last few years and have restored one fully. I've met several people with 2cv's and am interested in starting a small owners club hear. At the moment I'm finding people that might be interested. If you are interested could you PM me and ill get in touch. And i would be happy to send on my number if any one knows people that would be interested.
    Irial, West Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Enterich

Brilliant idea with the 2CV club. I am an 2CV enthusiast from South Tipperary and just in the process of restoring my 1978 2CVSpecial, hope to have it ready for spring. I really would like to meet up with other 2CV friends, maybe we can arrange something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

IrialK wrote: »
    Hi I'm after getting two 2cvs in the last few years and have restored one fully. I've met several people with 2cv's and am interested in starting a small owners club hear. At the moment I'm finding people that might be interested. If you are interested could you PM me and ill get in touch. And i would be happy to send on my number if any one knows people that would be interested.
    Irial, West Cork.

Hey Irial,

How's the Blue Lightning going these days?

LOL

el tel wrote: »

Nope... I was there one year... But they moved the event to Wales... Anglesey race track i think, not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 General Lee

Have these for sale at the momnet if anyone is interested?

€250 each, no offers!

DSCN1438.jpg
    DSCN1439.jpg

The red one, when i bought it in 1998!
    IMG_4060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I'm interested. PM sent.

Hay. im trying to start a 2cv club in Ireland at the moment. pm me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 726

hows it going?,where are you located and what age and condition are the cars in?thanks

The grey one is now sold!

The red one is 1985, on an original irish reg.
    Had a good look around it last weekend, it needs a lot of work!

I'm based near Gorey, North Wexford.

The grey one is now sold!

The red one is 1985, on an original irish reg.
    Had a good look around it last weekend, it needs a lot of work!

I'm based near Gorey, North Wexford.

What's the price? Is it driving?

€250 each, no offers! ...

It was driving fine when it was parked in the garage, but thats a good few years ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 726

thanks for reply,im in donegal,too far for me:(,cheers anyway,anyone reading this got a do er upper in donegal?

€250

Additional photos for those who requested them by pm:

DSCN1518.jpg
    DSCN1519.jpg
    DSCN1520.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 crazydom10

hello general lee, im looking to buy a 2cv,wondering where you are. looking forward to your reply,
    dom

Both 2CVs are now SOLD ... sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ballon

I'd be interested in joining a 2cv club if you're willing to start one, though members may be far and few. GoodLuck anyway!

I'v just started putting our website together irish2cv.110mb.com
    and im looking for members. Theres no fees and we're hoping to organise a rally for some time in August.
    If you want to join or have any suggestions email me at irish2cv@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

I'd be interested. Here's mine. Good to know there's a few of us around.

2cv.jpg

Dodgygeezer (formerly cxcully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 V8 Trip2Tipp

Hi Guys,

There's more of us around OK - just never get out much!!

I've an '88 Special & have so much fun with it. Ever since I fitted it with an ECAS 'super' coil & 123 ignition it's a little cracker!!!

One question for the rest of the 2CV gang... has anyone used the vacuum advance facility on their 123 ignition? - they reckon it's optional & i'm not presently using it but can't help to think that it might make her that bit better running - especially when the engine is loaded (accelerating etc.)

I'm a big Citroen fan & was set on a DS earlier in the year until I went & blew the be-jaysus out of the budget I had for building a garage:eek:

I'm new to boards so maybe I'll hear a bit more from ya all.

All the best.

Cormac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mountain

IrialK wrote: »
    I'v just started putting our website together irish2cv.110mb.com
    and im looking for members. Theres no fees and we're hoping to organise a rally for some time in August.
    If you want to join or have any suggestions email me at irish2cv@yahoo.ie

saw your car on the west cork run to barlyecove on sunday, beautiful day wasnt it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 chauffeurmark

Have these for sale at the momnet if anyone is interested?

€250 each, no offers!

DSCN1438.jpg
    DSCN1439.jpg

The red one, when i bought it in 1998!
    IMG_4060.jpg
    Are these still for sale? If so where are they located. Regards. Mark.

Advertisement