Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Cork

Options
  • 23-03-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Going to be spending 4 days midweek in Cork with the girlfriend pretty soon and am looking for ideas for things to do and places to see. Both 25. Not worried about where to eat and drink cos we'll figure that out as we go but would appreciate advice on interesting places to go and things to do (day trips from the city etc.). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well, for a day trip, you'll definitely have to get the Cobh train and go to Fota wildlife park. You can also drive if you have a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Psychic Lady

Do a tour of the Midleton Distillery where the product Jameson whisky its very i nteresting! wud agree with a visit to fota wildlife park definatelyand cork city Gaol is supposed to be gud haven't been myself tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Also go down to Clonakilty and have a peek at the model village there.
    Take yourselves a few miles further out the road then to Inchydoney island and have a long walk on that beach followed by a relaxing spa and treatment in the inchydoney house hotel.
    After the spa treatments, have a meal in the gulf stream restaurant(food is superb) overlooking the beach (at sunset)

Just Bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I agree on Kinsale if its a nice day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

dudara wrote:
    Well, for a day trip, you'll definitely have to get the Cobh train and go to Fota wildlife park. You can also drive if you have a car
    oh I second and third that! Fota is great, I love it!

you can also go to the Queenstown Story in Cobh, all about the famine and the titanic.
    and head down to Blarney, it's a nice spot, even if you don't kiss the stone!

Advertisement