Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Job in Sweden

Options
  • 23-03-2006 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm thinking of moving over, and I was wondering what exactly do I need? To work I mean. I have very basic Swedish but lots of retail experience.
    Is there any hope for me or should I become fluent in the language first??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Chaosopher wrote:
    I have very basic Swedish but lots of retail experience.

Ikea?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Chaosopher

ha ha ha

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

What exactly is bringing you over to Sweden for? I worked in a place called Linkoping for 6 months with Ericsson, bit of a ****hole but some nice blondes about! Stockholm is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I lived near Malmo in the south, it was very hard to get work while there. Its known that Scandinavians prefer Scandinavians when it comes to employment. I didnt realise how lucky we are for the amount of jobs in Ireland as opposed to Sweden. Speaking the native language is crucial, everybody speaks English but when in Rome....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Chaosopher

Thanks for the info guys.
    My boyfriend lives just outside Stockholm.
    I'm in the process of learning the language, it's not the hardest one I've come accross in my time, and I like the sound of the dialect so it's grand. Just need to get practicing!
    I have heard that Scandinavians prefer to hire other Scandinavians, that's a bit of a pain in the hole, but let's face it Ireland's sometimes the same...
    Do you need like a work pass or something though??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Chaosopher wrote:
    ...Do you need like a work pass or something though??

Sweden is in the EU, so (AFAIK) freedom to enter, reside, work are all automatic

Indeed you could move there and stay there, or any other EU member state for the rest of your life if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

but some nice blondes about! Stockholm is much nicer.
    I,d move to sweden for the girls alone:)

Advertisement