Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crush on my flatmate

Options
  • 23-03-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Guys this is pretty embarrassing but I seem to have developed a crush on my flatmate. She moved in at the end of last year and its taken me quite a while to admit this I guess. It's funny you know, nothing heart breaking.. but damn does it seem kinda sad, you know.
    Have any of you guys ever had anything like this or, dare i say it, ever heard of someone going out with a flatmate?? It seems impossible to me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I moved in with my ex-girlfriend. I thought it might bring things back to the way they were. BIG MISTAKE. That was awhile ago, and I've learned alot about life and myself since then. Slightly different situation, I know, but I'd have to say that no good could come of it. Even if something were to happen, and ended but you two were still somehow friends, the night she brings someone else home and you have to be nice, but you can hear them at, and, and.... Well, just don't.

My 2cent worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

THis situation is fluid :D

I would say no, but if you wish to carry out your wishes do it, Going out with a flatmate is a no no! I used to have a crush on my housemate, but its so awrkward, especially cus you live with them day in day out, Not to mention going out.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Once you hit the "Friend Zone" you pretty much have **** all chance to change that. Pack your bags, tell her how you feel (so you have no regrets) and be prepared to leave.

Having said all that I lived with a girl for 6months before we got together and now we are married. So go figure. Nothing is the same twice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

chamlis wrote:
    I moved in with my ex-girlfriend. I thought it might bring things back to the way they were. BIG MISTAKE. That was awhile ago, and I've learned alot about life and myself since then. Slightly different situation, I know, but I'd have to say that no good could come of it. Even if something were to happen, and ended but you two were still somehow friends, the night she brings someone else home and you have to be nice, but you can hear them at, and, and.... Well, just don't.

My 2cent worth

As an aside, I also worked with this girl....
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Did you tell her how you feel yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Catullus

not yet. I figure i will imminenty, if only in the interest of keeping things going well in the flat. We all get along great you see. Any suggestions on how I broach this?
    Kinda nervous, obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Leave this thread open on the computer and accidentally let her see it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The real question is do you think she will like you back in that kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

try figure out her feelings towards you. has she ever given you ANY indication that she feels the same way??

personally i'd wait a bit longer. if she doesn't feel the same and you blurt out how you feel it could make things uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I'd be careful if it were me as blurting out that kinda stuff could make things very awkward for her (and you), to the point of her not wanting to stay living there ?

Why not ask the other flatmates (discreetly) to see if she has said anything to them about you, or if they've noticed anything ?....

Alternatively, tell her how you feel and be prepared to move out to either make the situation tollerable and who knows, maybe kick start something ?

FBP..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Life is to short just come out with it even if she has a boyfriend, I am sure she would rathar have a man than a mouse, so be a man and just tell her, if she is a good person she will respect you told her wheather she feels the same or not

Advertisement