Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oblivion - Direct2Drive

• 23-03-2006 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

In a rush, cann't wait an extra day ?

Well you can always get the game via direct2drive. Although its marked as North America if you mark it as gift at checkout you can get it.

http://www.direct2drive.com/376/product/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-w/-Manual

thxs to Elessar on the games forum for this tip.

I'm almost tempted, damn you to hades play.com for not posting earlier...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Would that it were true. I see no option to select it as gift. I just keep getting told I'm not a country that can buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Yeah I was really temtped by that, it certainly beats waiting around for cdwow to deliver, but I read that games downloaded from direct2drive aren't compatible with any expansion packs bought in a store and you can only get patches for the game from them.

I'm not 100% sure about all that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I got the payment screen the following way by making sure I wasn't logged in when buying, then when I went to the checkout and logged in the game was in my cart :) Now I didnt proceed after the supply your credit card details, but its the screen after that you get the option I believe for gift.

Although what fobster said about patches is true. But since its not an online game its less of an issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sod it I was desperate to get it this evening if possible because I will be beering it tomorrow but I'll wait anyway. Earlier today I went over to the square and the guys in xtra game were unpacking them but they insisted it wouldn't be on sale until tomorrow. Went over again at about 5.30 (God loves an optimist) and was on the shelves. I had the collectors edition in my hands and asked the guy behind the counter how much. He says €45 (may have been thinking of ordinary version) and I says grand then he says but it's not on sale until tomorrow. Gah!

Advertisement