Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo adds another 600 free wifi hotspots in the UK & Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

From Pocket Lint:
    22 March 2006 - Nintendo and BT Openzone have today announced the roll out of over 600 BT Openzone / Nintendo Wi-Fi connection hotspots to retailers across the UK and Ireland.

The hotspots will mean Nintendo DS gamers will be able to play with other gamers over a wireless connection for free.

Over 500 of the Wi-Fi enabled stores will also offer anyone the chance to download playable demos of current and upcoming Nintendo DS titles via Nintendo DS 'Download Stations' attached to their Nintendo DS interactive units – again absolutely free.

The company hopes that the all 607 stores will go live by summer 2006.

BT Openzone / Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection hotspots and Nintendo DS 'Download Stations' will be located in GAME, Gamestation, HMV, Toys R US, Smyths Toys and other selected independent retailers across the UK and Ireland.

To access the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service all you need to do is walk into a store with your Nintendo DS console and any Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection compatible game, turn on your console and choose the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection option from the game's main menu.

Earlier this month Nintendo boasted that its wireless gaming service has over one million unique users, in less than 4 months.

My brother works in HMV Henry St will have to ask him if they're getting it or will it just be Grafton St. Ya know Game and HMV on Oxford Circus in London will both have them. As soon as they're up I'm there checking them out :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

599=UK
    1=somewere in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

1huge1 wrote:
    599=UK
    1=somewere in dublin

That sounds about right, 2 if we're lucky :D .

I suppose it's good, wonder if Gamestop in Bray will have any. Doubt it though, Nintendo hates Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

well for some reason BT openzone seem to be seriously neglecting limerick so it isnt any help to me
    come on its the 3rd biggest city in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

1huge1 wrote:
    well for some reason BT openzone seem to be seriously neglecting limerick so it isnt any help to me
    come on its the 3rd biggest city in ireland

I thought Waterford was the 3rd biggest city in Ireland :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

RichyX wrote:
    I thought Waterford was the 3rd biggest city in Ireland :p
    i'd say waterford is 5th

Dublin -- Cork -- Galway/Limerick -- Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres only 1 city in Ireland, the rest are large towns.

City = pop 1 million.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

KdjaC wrote:
    Theres only 1 city in Ireland, the rest are large towns.

City = pop 1 million.

kdjac

That's a load of crap.

Except maybe in some computer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    i'd say waterford is 5th

Dublin -- Cork -- Galway/Limerick -- Waterford

I'm just going by what an ex from waterford once said.
    Wonder where my current home Tralee fits into the size ranking, they were looking for city status a few years back i believe.

Going back on topic, Kerry doesn't have any official hotspots even though there's an O'Briens here. We do have the Tralee library for wireless though, which is much better then some filthy knacker filled McD's! :D

Advertisement