Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

european studies.

Options
  • 22-03-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

yo every1!! i'm not actually a UL student--not yet ne way!!! but this course has really caught my eye!!! anybody gat any opinions on it?? anybody study it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hey nanogirl, i studied this and to be honest when i did it i felt it lacked direction. The modules individually are good but are a bit disparate and as such the course wound up to be a "starter" degree. By this i mean after doing the course you are perfectly set up to do a postgrad but unless you do this you can feel a little bit of a jack of all trades & master of none as you have lots of bits on knowledge but not a consistent path.

it is different for law and european studies and other courses that are matched with european studies as they seem to have more direction.

This is just my opinion though, others may have different observations and experiences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Not to try and put you off the course but a person I know did it and dropped out midway through 1st year. It has very little hours in 1st year and probably does lack direction. The person who I know found it boring after a while and it didn't really suit him.

But if you're interested in it go for it. Good luck with the LC and enjoy UL in you get there.

Cheers
    Rory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Very like doin an arts degree, its more or less useless unless you go on to do a
    masters or a postgrad of some description
    has a bit of a reputation in ul for being a really easy degree (not my words but
    from friends i know who did it)

Advertisement