Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive Criticism

Options
  • 22-03-2006 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Recently put these tracks on the net, have read some of ur discussions on irish hip-hop and was lookin for a bit of feedback constructive or otherwise or even some advice on what to do with them. Any help would be well appreciated.
    http://www.soundclick.com/terawrizt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Just had a listen to the tracks now and if they're your first attempts at making music then fair play to ya, they are all pretty decent. the production and beats are pretty good and the rhymes ain't half bad either. Theres a little bit of an american twang from your accent at some times, is that a conscious thing, or just the way you talk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Terawrizt

well some of them are a little older than others so i've kind of ironed out the american twang wit some of the newer ones. I still think there a long way off being good enough to maybe try bring them somewhere, but it's a start. thankx for takin a listen, its the first time i've put them out outside my close circle of friends to get an opinion on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

Sounds great,better than alot of so-called rappers!would you consider doing any gigs to get your name out?

i'd like to yeah, i'd need to hook up with people who'd no what there doin. i've been pretty much doin it on my own so i wouldnt even no where to begin to start doin live gigs????
    so if anyone has any advice on how to go about it i'd be only to happy to hear it.

http://www.soundclick.com/terawrizt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

practice practise practise.
    don't go out and make show of yourself. make sure you have everything rehearsed and try and involve the crowd.
    I'd advise doing a drama course to boost your confidence and stage presence but that just my opinion.
    also make sure you bring a lot of mates to your first gig to get you going.
    also, prepare for the worst and if things go pear shaped don't give up. thats what they want.

• Advertisement

cheers for that, any ideas on how i'd even go about settin up a gig? or where there does be gigs with irish rappers to even get a feel for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Terawrizt wrote:
    where there does be gigs with irish rappers to even get a feel for it?

almost every hip-hop gig thats played in the smaller venues around dublin will have some irish support playing warm up

Advertisement