Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free The North West , It's time for progres ?...

Options
  • 22-03-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

What changes do you want for the N.W, ?...Progress, Hospitals, roads, Power supplies, Broadband , community services, you chooose,etc,

You are the voice of the people, Lets hear it now!.

Who knows WHO may pay attention ?... in their own interest !.This is your thread , use it .

P. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Paddy20 wrote:
    What changes do you want for the N.W, ?...Progress, Hospitals, roads, Power supplies, Broadband , community services,
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy20 wrote:
    What changes do you want for the N.W, ?...Progress, Hospitals, roads, Power supplies, Broadband , community services, you chooose,etc,

You are the voice of the people, Lets hear it now!.

Who knows WHO may pay attention ?... in their own interest !.This is your thread , use it .

Wouldn't progress apply to all the others?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I want broadband in Sligo, for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I would like broadband in Sligo too. I would also like a mains gas supply, a decent supermarket, decent roads, I'm fed up of all these potholey ones where they put a shovel full of gravel down and think its fixed.
    A hospital that provides all services including radiotherapy and can deal with childrens problems and save me having to go up and down to Crumlin if my kids have a cavity in their teeth.
    A train that goes other places and not just Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Iascaire

I want the planning Authority to stop allowing estates of holiday homes in west Donegal, They're making a mess and a joke of our unrivalled scenery, Donegal is beautiful let's progress on that please, and not let it be destroyed:(

• Advertisement

Iascaire wrote:
    I want the planning Authority to stop allowing estates of holiday homes in west Donegal, They're making a mess and a joke of our unrivalled scenery, Donegal is beautiful let's progress on that please, and not let it be destroyed:(
    The draft county development plan is currently out for public consultation especially about the point you mention. Get your comments in to the council before Friday. The more people who make submissions about those issues the more likely that the county plan will be amended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    The draft county development plan is currently out for public consultation especially about the point you mention. Get your comments in to the council before Friday. The more people who make submissions about those issues the more likely that the county plan will be amended

I would love to know where the "Public Consultations" are or have taken place:confused:

Paddy20 wrote:
    I would love to know where the "Public Consultations" are or have taken place:confused:

The council terminology refers to this as a "public consultation process" but in essence it is a "public comment/submission process". The plan was out for public consultaion back in october for a 6 week period.

It was to have been agreed/adopted a few weeks back but the members and officials of the council could not agree so it was put out again. The public have been invited to make comment on proposed amendments to the draft plan.

It has been advertised in every local paper for several weeks and on Highland radio so there is no reason why you would not know about it.

For the record it can be inspected at any of the regional planning offices or copies of same can be bought (I think)

Muffler,

Not all the people in Donegal read the local press, listen to local radio, and a large number are disabled and infirm. Normally these types of amendments can have life long negative effects on our citizens, and this is why "Public meetings/consultations are of vital democratic importance, and the local authority have a statutory responsibility to ensure that ALL are given the opportunity to express their opinions in an open forum, something our beloved Donegal Council and it's political members are clearly trying to avoid :mad: .

Is this legal ?...;) .

It is not IMHO.

Paddy,

No point in addressing the comments at me. I am merely posting and modding in the North West forum.

If you feel there is something amiss in relation to the public consultation process in relation to the proposed amendments to the draft county development plan then I suggest you take the matter up with the council

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Paddy,

No point in addressing the comments at me. I am merely posting and modding in the North West forum.

If you feel there is something amiss in relation to the public consultation process in relation to the proposed amendments to the draft county development plan then I suggest you take the matter up with the council

Muffler,

Be aware that I have made it perfectly clear to the appropriate individuals in DCC, that they are are not complying with the proper 'Open Forum' legislation relating to changes to the current Donegal draft debelopment plan, which has been publicly open to comment at a number of venues over the past couple of years, however they now have 'short circuited' our citizens rights, at this juncture, and have also neglected to include a number of important issues and set a time limit #withouut proper open public consultation ?...

I can assure you they will be challenged on their disrespectful tactics on this Development Plan, and unfortunately heads will roll towards the chopping blocks.

This in no way reflects on your excellent 'moderating' talent. ;)

Paddy20 wrote:
    Muffler........................ heads will roll towards the chopping blocks.....................................This in no way reflects on your excellent 'moderating' talent. QUOTE]

I genuinely look forward to see the axe being wielded.

Thanks for the compliment Paddy

muffler wrote:
    Paddy20 wrote:
    Muffler........................ heads will roll towards the chopping blocks.....................................This in no way reflects on your excellent 'moderating' talent. QUOTE]

I genuinely look forward to see the axe being wielded.

Thanks for the compliment Paddy

Heh,heh, ;) Credit where it is due, when it is due !.

As the Cockneys in London used to say to me "Good Ere innit !".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Iascaire

Is there anything in the draft county development plan regaarding holiday home estates (the scourge of the North West)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Iascaire wrote:
    Is there anything in the draft county development plan regaarding holiday home estates (the scourge of the North West)?

Have a look.

http://www.donegalcoco.ie/services/informationpoints/planning/devplan.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

People to not vote Fianna Fail. Then maybe government will listen.

Also, an end to the rezoning craziness, to dirty political deals and dirty politicians.

The North West gets exactly what it deserves as long as it keeps supporting those egotistical, self-centered, unprofessional bafoons that run it.

Granted, they're not all bad, but there's no shortage of rotten apples.

Advertisement