Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Dark?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

when i unplug my laptop from the battery charger, its like a light turns off on the desktop. screen seems alot darker, is there any settings for this?..i have an advent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

its a powersaving setting. You can up the brightness by (usually) pressing "Fn" and left or right on the keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Theres usually some propriery power setting software with the notebook that will allow you to specify "dim screen to preserve battery life" or some such. Try power options in control panel or search the start menu for "notebook tools" or similar. Like TimAy said there are function buttons that allow you to do this manually each time. I have seen notebooks where the LCD brightness was controlled by the BIOS with a settings for ac and battery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Yeah, look for the Fn keys. It's normally the function key plus one of the F keys. Alternatively RTFM.

Advertisement