Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl In School

Options
  • 21-03-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I just found out that a girl Ive fancied for ages in school also fancies me.Problem is Im Ok with everything after the chatting up but I dont really know what to say.Do I just go to her and ask her for her number or what? Like once I do start goin' out with someone Im Ok,its just the start I have trouble with
    Thakns
    Sweet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Sweet wrote:
    I just found out that a girl Ive fancied for ages in school also fancies me.Problem is Im Ok with everything after the chatting up but I dont really know what to say.Do I just go to her and ask her for her number or what? Like once I do start goin' out with someone Im Ok,its just the start I have trouble with
    Thakns
    Sweet

Chicks like confidence (not being a chick I don't really know this, but I'm told .. by the talking clit in South Park the movie)

Go up to her, maybe not when she is with her friends, but some time she is not in the middle of doing something or talking to someone, and simply say something like "Hi Mary ... there is a new film Blah Blah 2 The Revenge out next week, was wondering if you would like to go see it" ... pick a movie you think she would actually like to see, the "Hills Have Eyes" probably isn't a good date movie. Then ask for her number, say you will give her a call and leave it at that. Short and sweet.

Even if you are bricking it, act like it isnt a big deal and you do it all the time. Don't try and be overly funny, or stupid, or apologetic (nothing worse than a Hugh Grant style "Oh course you wouldn't" fumble), just ask her out. If she says no thanks, she says no thanks. Its not the end of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Sweet wrote:
    I just found out that a girl Ive fancied for ages in school also fancies me

Isn't it great when that happens! :)

Just go and talk to her. You don't have to ask her if 'the rumours are true'. Just ask her if she wants to meet up outside of school. Then decide what to do together. Sounds like there's a pretty good chance she's not going to turn you down so go for it. Hopefully then you'll be officially 'going out' so the rest shouldn't be awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Well she lives a good bit away from me so we couldnt really go to cinema except on weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Sweet wrote:
    Well she lives a good bit away from me so we couldnt really go to cinema except on weekends

Well it would probably be a good idea to have something in mind before you ask her. It isn't very good to be discussing it then and there, you are going to put her on the spot when she might be a bit embrassed anyway. Doesn't have to be the cinema but at least have an idea in your head of what you want to do before you ask her

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wicknight wrote:
    Chicks like confidence (not being a chick I don't really know this, but I'm told .. by the talking clit in South Park the movie)

Go up to her, maybe not when she is with her friends, but some time she is not in the middle of doing something or talking to someone, and simply say something like "Hi Mary ... there is a new film Blah Blah 2 The Revenge out next week, was wondering if you would like to go see it" ... pick a movie you think she would actually like to see, the "Hills Have Eyes" probably isn't a good date movie. Then ask for her number, say you will give her a call and leave it at that. Short and sweet.

Even if you are bricking it, act like it isnt a big deal and you do it all the time. Don't try and be overly funny, or stupid, or apologetic (nothing worse than a Hugh Grant style "Oh course you wouldn't" fumble), just ask her out. If she says no thanks, she says no thanks. Its not the end of the world

Couldn't agree more, especially with the confidance bit. But never make the mistake of mixing up confidance with arrogance!

If you can't go to the cinema until the weekend, and you can't wait, suggest you go get a coffee after school or something. Is your school in a central area? Is there any facilities around it? How do you both get home, and is it flexible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I don't mean to sound unhelpful but...if OP is in the age group I'm guessing by "school", asking her out for coffee, or to the cinema in the way described will, well, only serve to scare her. :)

Just ask her to the cinema, as in "hey, want to go to the cinema with me?" or get her number and ask through text if you can't do it in person. After cinema, you can ask her out proper without scaring her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

But I live a good bit away from her.Were talkin Drogheda and Navan here.Thanx so far though

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sweet wrote:
    Problem is Im Ok with everything after the chatting up but I dont really know what to say.
    Secret: girls are human beings also. If you share a school, thats one common ground, but don't go on about it too much. Try to find some sort of common ground, music, as mentioned cinema, do either of you do sport or other group activity?

Advertisement