Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting it off my chest

Options
  • 21-03-2006 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

''

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

reall ythink you could benefit from going talking to someone professional. everyone has feelings of insecurities etc. some people just feel it a little more. why not take up an assertivness class or something, they givce you exercises to help out with building your confidence etc.. well worth a try..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We are always our own harshest critic.
    It sounds like you fear people finding out that you are the worsest things you think about yourself.
    Your not.
    You do need help with this that only a professional can give.
    Y'know that fact that you are aware that something isn't right and you want it
    to be in yourself and so that you an interact with people and your gf in a better way is a huge step.
    You need to find a person you can work with and get things out in the open so
    you can deal with them and see they are not as bad, that you are not as bad as you think.
    You lost inside yourself and need some one to help you find your way back out.
    Step one go to your dr or gp and tell them you need to talk to some one and look for a referal.

Good luck on your journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

Thanks jubi, and Thaedydal. You are right, I just need to open up to someone. I am not that bad of a person, I think I'm just too hard on myself sometimes. Although, I don't want my gf to know I am going to a counsellor. I was at one before, and it helped, but I think she attaches stigmatism to it.

Advertisement