Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre Bikes any Good?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Thinking about buying a Lapierre 355 Pro Race Disc from the cyclesuperstore in tallaght. Just wondering does anyone have a Lapierre bike because there are very little reviews about them on the net. And what do people think of the service from the cyclesuperstore problems etc.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I bought a LaPierre road bike from Cycle SuperStore last August. I love it.
    My brother-in-law bought one of their hybrids. Seems to be working out well for him.

As the main distributors for LaPierre they do push them.

I've also been happy with other accessories purchases I've made, and the loyalty card give you 8% off listed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Supposed to be fine. Couple of guys I ride with have them and have no issues. How much are you spending? as there are some good second hand deals on some of the web sites at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I had a LaPierre bike up until it got wrecked in a crash a while back. I was very happy with it. It was a fairly low spec road bike and the sora components gave a bit of hassle but that's a shimano issue. In my experience the cycle super store guys also offer the best customer service to be found among the major bike shops in Dublin.

There are a few reviews to be found of LaP bikes and generally the reviews are very good. There is a gap in the model range of road bikes at the moment, between beginner and expert but this will be rectified when the new models are all released for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mass Debater

Thinking of spending around 1100 euros. The thing is when i was at their shop they really were pushing the Lapierre range and didnt even mention to me any of the other makes they sell. They must be making a killing from the Lapierre range as they are the sole dealers in Ireland. Just made me a little weary. They mentioned the loyalty card as well, which in my opinion is just a gimmick so that you keep coming back to the store. 5% of the price of a new bike is very little in comparison to deals other shops will do for you. Anyway the bikes are about 5% overpriced in comparison to the same bikes in Italy and France. Maybe i'm wrong i don't really know!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

They do push LaPierre above the other makes they stock because it seems to be exclusive to them and I guess a bigger markup.

Before you buy, make sure you understand and they understand your warranty entitlements on the bike, including turnaround times and replacement policies. They have been less than forthcoming on this in the past.

For the sake of comparison, look at www.starbike.com and www.bike2build.nl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I bought a Lapierre road bike(Tech 7) about 2 years ago from them.
    I can't fault the bike itself only the lazy git pushing the pedals.:D
    Likewise I was shown the Lepierre range before anything else but at that stage they where the only road bikes they had apart from a full carbon scott,which was slightly over my budget at €10,000:eek:

Happy Lapierre owner here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Thinking of spending around 1100 euros. The thing is when i was at their shop they really were pushing the Lapierre range and didnt even mention to me any of the other makes they sell. They must be making a killing from the Lapierre range as they are the sole dealers in Ireland. Just made me a little weary. They mentioned the loyalty card as well, which in my opinion is just a gimmick so that you keep coming back to the store. 5% of the price of a new bike is very little in comparison to deals other shops will do for you. Anyway the bikes are about 5% overpriced in comparison to the same bikes in Italy and France. Maybe i'm wrong i don't really know!

I think the discount is 8%.

I was recently looking for a bike in or around that range and the only bike they have really around that range at the moment is the Tech 3 which I found somewhat bland, just in terms of the geometry and paint scheme. Some what shallow reasons not to fully consider a bike but it's been my experience that the more one likes the look of the bike, the more one actually uses it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've seen these bikes in France and they are branded 'ThePeter' over there*

*not actually true.

The first and only time I rode a tandem it was a Lapierre. I think they are quite well known for them. Asides from that I have found it quite hard to find out any info on their bikes from sources other than their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 howya horse

Quay Cycles in Drogheda also stock the Lapierre range and are very customer orientated as is the norm outside the capital city and VERY competitive on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gerarda

I have a lapierre for the last 2 years from cycle super store and have never had any trouble with it. I used it for a charity cycle to Galway and witnessed problems on bikes worth 4 times as much. Defo recommend them.

Ger

• Advertisement
Advertisement