Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting up for the first time

Options
  • 20-03-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

going unreg for this.

i may be meeting up with an old friend in the next few weeks. the thing is, we've never actually met in person. we've known each other more than 3 years and it seems like there was/is this amazing chemistry between us. we have similar interests and a lot in common also.

i am really excited and nervous about meeting him if the chance arises but also scared that we won't get on or he won't be as i'd hoped/vice versa etc. if we do end up getting on/liking each properly it's also a dilemma because he lives abroad for uni.

just wondering what others feel about this situation and any useful tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

just take a deep breath. you've obviously talked to this person alot, so just act normal. clearly he likes you for you, so don't change anything. at the end of the day, just try to enjoy yourself, besides he'll be equally nervious.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Go for it gurl! You have been talking to him for so long you do know him.

I met up with my fella three months ago after just talking over the phone and texting for four years. We got on amazingly. It was like talking over the phone but a million million times better.

It will be a bit nerve wreaking at first but after a few minutes i'm sure that yous will calm down and get on like yous do over the phone.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

does he know what you look like?

Do it! Meet him. I've met a few people like this... it's a laugh. Keep it simple.

does he know what you look like?
    Of course.

And everyone, thanks for the comments! I appreciate it :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement