Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boyfriend dilemna

Options
  • 20-03-2006 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

did he or did he not cheat on you, if he did then kick his ass to the curb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

bannage??

anyway, do what again???

if he didn't cheat on you what's the problem? your fight?

maybe you should have just let him go out with his friends and avoided the argument. he was probably pissed off with you and decided to mess with your head a little. unfair of course, but it it really worth breaking up with him?

tbh, i think you are over-reacting here. then again if your relationship of yeas can end form such a little thing then maybe it's not worth it after all.

ho ho. you're a riot :D

you should post more stuff in the humour section

your name says it all really.

anyway, try posting when you can form sentences properly and after you have hit puberty, child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Cathy, been honest here... i think its a silly reaction from you both. As you said you ve been together 2 years, neither of you want to break up. Im sure he didnt intentially mean to hurt you, but remember he went seeing a guy he had nt seen in ages.

I think you both need to let this lie and to move on, all seems a bit silly to be honest, you both seem to care about each other alot, so just pick up the phone and meet up tonight, and stop arguing through texts when neither of you can see exaclty what the other persons intentions etc are. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

CathyWX wrote:
    Sat night he got off early and phoned me to tell me he was going out to his mates (1 lad lives abroad was here for the w-end) and never asked me to go with him. ... I told him I thought he was out of order ... he was ringing my phone then at 5.30 in the morning ... I lost the head as I thought then he was with some1 else. ... I told him it was finished cos he really really hurt me. ...

Yeah Get a life. Jesus. He goes out with his mates and doesn't want you there SO WHAT?
    He was ringing your phone THAT PROVES HE WASN'T CHEATING. But you think he was. WHY?

For his sake finish it.
    Weekend, someone, because.

MM

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

CathyWX, chill out a bit. There's no need for all of this hullaballoo about something so small. If he's worth the trouble, he'll make an effort to try to see why you're upset, but it certainly wouldn't do you any harm to get the idea out of your head that he was with someone. That's your own insecurity. You should give him a chance to apologise and to explain why he did that.

It sounds to me like it was just a spur of the moment thing that ended up turning into a night out. It doesn't mean he ditched you.

ahh, now that those posts have been deleted i look like i'm carrying out an argument with myself! :o

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

rofl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

You might be going out with him but it's his decision which friends you meet or don't meet. If I were him and had the opportunity to catch up with a friend I'd not seen for ages, I wouldn't bring my girlfriend with me. Hell, I've been in the same situation. The only difference is, my girlfriend at the time was well mannered, reasonable in most things and most importantly respected my friendships as something exclusive of our relationship.

He told you where he was going. You threw a wobbly. Did you consider that maybe you had NO PLACE in the long established circle of friends who were meeting up for a few pints that night? The lads who are living here might know you and you might consider they're your friends but remember, they were all friends before you came on the scene. To the lad who's home from abroad, you would be an unknown 'blow-in' sitting in the middle of his old mates. Again, NO PLACE.

The worst thing is, no respect or consideration shown on your part. Don't blame him for what you see as a hurtful/upsetting reaction on his part. You created the situation and it's up to you to make it good. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's the way it is with the lads. Loyalty amongst friends before all else. Just like it is with the girls. And rightly so. Goose, Gander.....Kettle, Black etc.

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 keithmaw

you should give him some time with his mates im sure there are times you would rather be with your friends too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I agree with Gil_dub on this, your boyfriend wanted to meet up with a friend who he hadn't seen in a while a to catch up so didn't invite you so he good have a laugh and good time with his mates without having to worry about you. And from your reaction i can understand why. I am surprised that his mates aren't telling me to ditch you for being so over bearing, hell it may have been them telling him that you weren't invited in the first place cause they knew what you would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

CathyWX wrote:
    Sat night he got off early and phoned me to tell me he was going out to his mates (1 lad lives abroad was here for the w-end) and never asked me to go with him.

Are you telling me that if you got off work early one night and were given the opportunity to see a friend who lives abroad and thus rarely see or see your boyfriend who you see probably a few times a week you'd pick your boyfriend?

He probably wanted to see his friend alone and have a laugh. Just because you're going out doesn't mean you have to do every single thing together, something you definitely should know. Stop overreacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

cathy i think you have over reacted, the guy just wanted to spend some time with his mates without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, give the lad a break. He wanted to go out with his friends, it's hardly crime of the century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I agree with the "break up with him for his sake" argument. Seriously, you sound like a head wrecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

CathyWX wrote:
    Sat night he got off early and phoned me to tell me he was going out to his mates (1 lad lives abroad was here for the w-end) and never asked me to go with him

And...?

You have been together 2 years, do you still need to go and do everything together.

I have a few couple friends like that and to be honest it is fecking head wrecking. We (my friends) can't do anything with one of them without the other tagging along, even if it means we have to go out of our way to pick the other up, or rearrange so the other can come along. Not that we mind it when both are there, but it is just bizzare. It borders on obsession.

You say you don't "hang off his leg", but it would still be bizare that you would turn up to his friends meeting in the pub to see a friend of his over for the weekend.

Ask yourself, why would bring you? Would you have any reason to be there except as his girlfriend?

You are two individuals, you should be able to have a seperate social engagements without having to always be a couple together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't think they've necessarily been together 2 years, she said "2gether yrs"... =/

Anyway, chill the hell out. It's not a crime to want to go out with mates. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NoreenMF

If you were my girlfriend and thats how you reacted when I wanted to go for a few beers with my friends, I wouldn't want to bring you either. Jaysis!

Its not like he was leaving you all on your own, you said yourself you were with your own friends. Seems to me you ARE hanging out of his leg (to use your expression).

Give the poor bloke a break!

Advertisement