Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons - 2 More Seasons

Options
  • 20-03-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4824432.stm
    BBC News wrote:
    Two more series of The Simpsons have been commissioned by US television network Fox, ensuring the show will be on screens until at least 2008.

The decision ensures the popular animated sitcom will rack up its 400th episode in the next two years. ... Groening said the animated hit would keep going as long as they could keep surprising viewers. "That's what you're looking for in television - surprise."
    Want to surprise viewers, Matt? Make it funny again.

I have high hopes for next Sundays episode (written by Ricky Gervais). It has the potential to be the funniest episode in 10 years. Fingers crossed......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is that in the us or uk. gervais is very funny and if this doenst go right i think it says a lot about the simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its the US, Al.
    Series 17, Episode 15 ("Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife")
    In this episode, Homer and Marge go on a 'Wife Swap' style reality show, but while Homer only enters it to win a widescreen television set. The husband of the other couple, Charles (Ricky Gervais), falls in love with Marge. His wife goes to live with the Simpsons and she thinks they're monsters. But Charles can't believe he's met someone like Marge and he falls in love with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it was dissapointing - simpsons plus david brent on an off day, i did like how they had him doing the tie thing the whole time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The only way that show could suprise me at this point would be if it got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bbc.co.uk wrote:
    Groening said the animated hit would keep going as long as they could keep surprising viewers. "That's what you're looking for in television - surprise."

yeh keep surprising us at how **** your programme has become. to be honest to sooner they axe it the better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

A poor Simpsons episode is still 100 times better than a lot of other muck on the TV. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

#Elites wrote:
    Give them a break! its still funny!

Have you been watching it with your eyes closed? And your fingers in your ears? :p

I don't see how anyone can consider the current episodes funny. There is maybe one decent joke per episode, the rest is pure muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I have to admit that a lot of the newer episodes were pretty bad. However the episode " The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star" with Liam Neeson was pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cormic wrote:
    I have to admit that a lot of the newer episodes were pretty bad. However the episode " The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star" with Liam Neeson was pure class.

Agreed with that one. The episode with MacGyver wasnt too bad either last week. Its long past its best but still not the worst thing on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

there already trailers for the simspons movie been played in the cinemas! thy gonna over hype the film soooo much!

even tho its gone down hill alot i do still watch it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Photi wrote:
    A poor Simpsons episode is still 100 times better than a lot of other muck on the TV. Long may it continue.
    Gotta agree with you on that one, theres a lot ofcrap on television nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I have to admit that I have not seen that many new episodes of the Simpsons.(Channel 4 and RTE)

But the new ones that I have seen were pretty good imo.

w00t 100 posts!!!!!

Advertisement