Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to shave "down there"

Options
  • 20-03-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, me and my girlfriend have recently started having sex and i would like to shave my scrotum but i dont feel right putting an electric razor or blade done near it or am i being paranoid? which would be the best way to get rid of the pubic hair?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have a nice warm bath, Sit in it for a while, let the hair soften up. Use a normal razor like a mach 3, dont use a electric one. Have the water nice and warm so your scotum tightens up, ya know what i mean. Then start shaving yourself while sitting in the bath. No need for gels or anything. Its not painful or akward like you may think. Very quick and easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I'd recommend not even trying it, the hair can grow inwards when regrowing because its thick and coarse and can lead to angry red spots!

I'd recommend finding a beauticians that do it, and booking yourself in for a wax, and don't get embarrassed, they see it every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lorri_L wrote:
    I'd recommend not even trying it, the hair can grow inwards when regrowing because its thick and coarse and can lead to angry red spots!

I'd recommend finding a beauticians that do it, and booking yourself in for a wax, and don't get embarrassed, they see it every day!

:eek:

The horror! The horrrrrooooor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Jeeeeeeez you must be NUTS ! (No pun intended ! ;) )

Leave it alone for Jayz sake !

Why would you want to do that anyway, everyone else in the world manages to have sex without shaving down there !!

Definitely do NOT do what "CleanAsAWhistle" suggests, thats cruel advise, you'll end up in hospital !

If you HAVE to then wax it off, but it'll be painful, and very uncomfortable growing back !

The risk of in growing hairs is real too, I suffer from that ( not in that area )and it gets painful !

If this is a case of "I'll shave mine if you shave yours" then buy a sex toy or something !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

could always try a trim with scissors instead of shaving....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i can understand keeping things tidy down there, but i will NEVER understand shaving ones ball sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Buy a body hair trimmer and just trim the hair very short, that works.

Also use a normal razor and just trim where the light hairs are on ya sack. If you go too close up the edges where the darker stuff is then it COULD grow back badly, but in any case will be prickly like a beard when it does.

So just trim it, and shave the light stuff off.

Also go LIGHTLY (gently) otherwise it will sting when they start to sweat. Mad a balls up of a good night of raunchyness this way. :-)

I had to say Owh I have to stop I shaved my gear and it's gone all stingy. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

MercMad wrote:

Definitely do NOT do what "CleanAsAWhistle" suggests, thats cruel advise, you'll end up in hospital !

If you HAVE to then wax it off, but it'll be painful, and very uncomfortable growing back !

It actually sounds like "CleanAsAWhistle" shaves his balls, so maybe his advice is worth listening to, rather than people who are horrified by it.
    I've shaved me nuts for years. Started exactly how "CleanAsAWhistle" suggested. Now I just do it once a week in the shower. Never had a cut or anything, its actually quite an easy thing to do after you do it the first time.
    I cut it back with a sissors first, then did the bath thing as suggested above. I wouldn't be worried about the 'ingrown hair' scare mongers either.

As for the 'why' would you do it, well that's the OP's business. Maybe his girlfriend likes it. I know I love to have my balls sucked during oral sex and find it much more pleasureable, for both myself and the misses (chewing on stringy hairs aint her thing).

So, go for it OP and enjoy!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just on a point of information: contrary to what CleanAsAWhistle says, your scrotum actually expands in warm water, and contracts in cold (to regulate the temperature of the lads). That's sort of irrelevant in light of what I'm about to say, but there you go.

If you and your girlfriend are only recently having sex, maybe you should stave off any sort of beauty treatment in the old nether regions for a bit, until you can be sure that she wouldn't just accept the natural look. The best case scenario that will arise out of messing around down there will be an irritating rash; at worst, you'll end up with in-grown hairs which can cause infections and, by corollary, no sex.

Woman hair is generally a lot less bristly, so that's why women tend not to suffer as much from the adverse effects of a fluffless flute.

I've done it once or twice. The first time I did it I was really nervous about putting anything sharp near it and I know everyone will probably say don't do this but I used some of the girlfriends Immac. (or veet or whatever it is) I wan't sure what else i could use at the time. I never got any ingrown hairs or anything, the only problem was when one of the times some of the stuff dripped on to beside my scrotum. The skin there must be fairly sensitive cos there was a fair bit of irritation. For everywhere else around there, like above my penis ets. I just used a razor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

why dont u try Veet hair removal cream? spray it on, wait 10 minutes (it smnells bad though), and wash off. easy...or so i've heard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If you do get ingrowns, visit a beautician and buy an ointment which will help stop hairs growing in. If you're feeling self concious, say your missus has sent you in!! Otherwise, go to a beautician which uses hotwax and get it done professionally. Hot wax is fantastic and doesn't hurt as much as strip wax (both waxes should be warm, not hot hot).
    If you do decide to do it on your own, take your time and be careful!!!

you shouldn't shave down there, it gets pretty itchy when its growing back. itchy stubble on your face is enough but imagine it down there. a much better idea is to just trim it short. it wont be irritating, plus your girlfriend wont get annoyed by stubble down there.

Ok, i have been doing this for years, the way i have stated and have not had any problems EVER

Also, It is true that the scrotum gets tighter in cold water, but also in Hot Hot water if you get my drift. We are not talking luke warm here

Why do i shave my balls?

Well, it feels great. After having a shower it feels really clean and comfortable. My girlfriend loves it, what girl wants to have a hairy sack in her mouth? She isnt the first girl to say she preferes men this way either.

I dont get people hang up on this. Girls shave their legs, Armpits and their bikini line. Most even trim the whole shibang down below. Whats the feckin problem

So for me i only really do it cos my girlfriend loves it. If i was single i probably wouldnt bother.

If you do it properly you wont get those annoying red spots or ingrown hairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

I use a trimmer and go pretty close to the skin, but I don't take it off completely. I tried it before, shaving with a Mach III and got ingrown hairs.

Do it once and you'll always go for it.

In my experience girls prefer it, but its pretty new to Irish girls!. You'll also experience more sensitivity in 'that' area, you'll feel much cleaner and fresher. And at a risk of going overboard here, your partner would much prefer to go down on a clean and fresh lad that a sweaty hairy one!.

Another thing you might worry about if you play a sport, the lads looking in the gym!. No one will bother, unless you've a carpet of black hair over the rest of your best and a patch of white skin around your balls!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just use a Mach III when your in the bath, no joke. It works great, good luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

If you do get ingrowns, then buy a product called TendSkin from www.hqhair.com - if you register with Pigsback & use the link, then shipping is free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

MercMad wrote:
    Jeeeeeeez you must be NUTS ! (No pun intended ! ;) )

Why would you want to do that anyway, everyone else in the world manages to have sex without shaving down there !!

The risk of in growing hairs is real too, I suffer from that ( not in that area )and it gets painful !

If this is a case of "I'll shave mine if you shave yours" then buy a sex toy or something !

There is nothing wrong with what CleanAsAWhistle suggests. It may not be your cup of tea, but you'd be supprised to find that some girls do like that. I used to do it for one of my girlfriends so she would shave hers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

My god, leave well alone. I personally think that boys bits look rank with no hair.

Thats only my opinion though. No offence to any baldies out there! (O:

• Advertisement

The OP wasnt looking for opinions, he was looking for advice.

DON'T DO IT DUDE!

I tried it before, and the horror stories are all true! Itchiness, uncomfortability, pain! While it certainly was enjoyable feeling like I've 'grown', it was not worth the itchiness! :D

Use moisturizer and it won't be itchy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Shave and be proud! That's what I say! I've been doing this for a couple of years now aswell. I do it in the shower, only takes a few minutes. I don't even need any shaving cream! That's just me though, you'll need to try out different ways at first..

Any girls I've been with have liked it, even though it was a first for all of them.

If you walk or jog a lot, it can get a bit stingy or uncomfortable if you haven't shaved in a few days. Talc is good for some post-shave freshness!

So shave the sack and trim the rest.. you won't go back to hairyville..

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

From a gals point of view i always prefer my man to be shaved down there, not everything at the top but defo balls etc.
    Its much fresher and approachable when we go diving:D

My boyf is under the impression it makes him look bigger when he does his too so this may be an added bonus!

Like alot of people we use mach 3 with plenty of gel and a little tlc and you are away!

ps she may like to do it for you, if you trust her enough, i know my boyf does it has almost become like foreplay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Foreplay with razor-blades -- kinky! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Picky

I'll go along with Flinty, did it years ago cos ex didn't like suckin on a hairy sack. Warning!! You will experience itchiness & will have the need to scratch at inopportune occasions in public. It grows back tho. Trim with scissors first, then use an ordinary razor a cupla times a week when showering. i recommend putting some oil/moisturiser on after shaving...feel good too LOL

I still cant think of anything itchier than a sweaty hairy sack in my boxers.

Advertisement