Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to break up

Options
  • 20-03-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi im a 23 year old male living and working in Dublin and i want to break up with this girl (22) that ive been seeing for the last few weeks.

I met her out one night in Temple Bar and was with her a good bit of the time since. Have been seeing her for about a month but i kind of decided on Patricks day that i didnt really want so see her anymore. Nothing to do with her but ive just sort of lost interest. Unfortunately she seems to have only gotten fonder of me even though ive tried to keep it as casual as possible as i find relationships somewhat scary and am problady a bit immature for my age when it comes to that sort of thing.

Ive told her ive been down the country sick (even though im in work in Dublin)for the last couple of days and im just after getting a loving text off her there and now i need a way to break it to her gently as she is really nice and i do like her, i just dont want to go out with her anymore.

Can anybody give me any suggestions because i really need some.

Cheers!"

P.S. Breaking up to her face is not an option! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

send her a link to this thread.

Just send her a text, it's not as if you're engaged, it's only been a few weeks.

''listen, i'm not really ready for a relationship at the moment, sorry, i hope i didn't lead you on at all, it was nice knowing ya, now fúck off!!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

cheeky_guy wrote:
    P.S. Breaking up to her face is not an option! :(

Why not? Coward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Why not? Coward?
    Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

oh for feck sakes will you ever grow a set and break up with her to her face. If you say you like her at least have the dignity to explain why you are breaking up with her face to face,

If you do want to break up with why not just txt her telling her that you don't want to see her again and turn off your phone so she can't get back in contact with you.
    She will think you are a w@nker, cause you would be, but the deed would be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Hi im a 23 year old male living and working in Dublin and i want to break up with this girl (22) that ive been seeing for the last few weeks.. P.S. Breaking up to her face is not an option!

Just tell her for godsake. You will only hurt her more by letting it drag on.
    Breaking up that way is cowardly btw.

• Advertisement

jeez people relax, he's only known her for a few weeks, a text is perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tylrpower

Have you got another bird in Line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Tim06

LundiMardi wrote:
    jeez people relax, he's only known her for a few weeks, a text is perfectly fine.

course it is. the one that you suggested earlier in the thread should do fine, well without the last part obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭cheeky_guy

Ok well i just texted her there anyway

"Marie i hope this doesnt come as a shock but i dont think im ready for this relationship, or any in fact. Im sorry its not you its just me and the way i am."

Hope that was ok :(

Oh **** i just called her 'Marie' in the text message and her names 'Maria' and she hates been called Marie. Oops!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can think of about 3 things wrong with that text, the worst being "It's not you, it's me". I mean, you're 23 years old and you couldn't tell her to her face? Or even have the balls to ring her?

everyday people are asked out via text, but then people start crying because the ''relationship'' is broke off via text:rolleyes:

OP: Don't worry about it, it's done now. Time to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Why couldn't you have said that to her face?

You're right, you are quite immature when it comes to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Not the most graceful way of doing it, but at least it's done now.
    I doubt you need to worry about her wanting you back, calling a girl the wring name'll do that!

*clap clap*

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

brightened up my day no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Oh **** i just called her 'Marie' in the text message and her names 'Maria' and she hates been called Marie. Oops!

:D:D

priceless

ah sure ye barely know the girl :D

Well im not actually that immature because ive aggreed to meet her in town tonight to give her her top back. (Dam top forgot about that) :mad:

So i could be getting a slap yet ;)

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Well im not actually that immature because ive aggreed to meet her in town tonight to give her her top back. (Dam top forgot about that) :mad:

So i could be getting a slap yet ;)
    ouch, you never quite thought it through did you?

Well at least you didn't suggest posting it to her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Hope that was ok :(

Er, no it wasn't ok.

You should have sucked it up and meet her. You are supposed to be trying to make the easier on her, not you.

ouch, you never quite thought it through did you?

Well at least you didn't suggest posting it to her!

Erm....

• Advertisement

please tell me you didn't?

Oh man, you're my new hero!! ha ha, that's gas!:D

Oh my god i got a text off her saying we will go for a friendly drink tonight when i meet her with the top.

Now ive just got another text off her saying she has forgotten the key of her house and cant get in and needs to stay with me tonight. And that she will sleep on the chair in my room!!!!!

*Switches phone off til tomorrow* :eek:

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Oh my god i got a text off her saying we will go for a friendly drink tonight when i meet her with the top.

Now ive just got another text off her saying she has forgotten the key of her house and cant get in and needs to stay with me tonight. And that she will sleep on the chair in my room!!!!!

jaysus, that's sounds a bit weird and very coincidental alright.. better keep all scissors locked up and your balls tucked safely away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tylrpower

you got yourself a Bunny boiler!!!!!! your not going to make it through the night!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

cheeky_guy wrote:

I laughed so hard it hurts. Jesus man. At least you know when she's trying to play yea.

I just pray to god she wont turn up at my door tonight, she knows where i live and all :( What will i do if she does??

Ive a feeling sending someone else out to tell her im not here is not going to work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Heres what you do, you go and meet her, you sleep with her, and then you kick her out in the morning. That or get a locks smith to fix her door.

Alternatively you could be straight with the girl and tell her you don't want to sleep with her, and even if you did sleep with her, your mind is made up.

cheeky_guy wrote:
    I just pray to god she wont turn up at my door tonight, she knows where i live and all :( What will i do if she does??

Ive a feeling sending someone else out to tell her im not here is not going to work!!
    just send her a text saying you don't think it's appropriate that she stay with you tonight given the circumatances. But do meet her and give her her top back and then run, run like the wind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

LiouVille wrote:
    I laughed so hard it hurts. Jesus man. At least you know when she's trying to play yea.

That post made me lol too. This just got interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement