Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futurama's Back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it should of been the simpsons that got axed and not this. this is great news

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

\o/ indeed.

I'm actually excited about a tv program, that hasn't happened in quite a while.

Infact, I'm usually worried that they're not going to live up to the memory. I can't see that happen here though.

touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Woohoo! Some great news. Hopefully we'll see some new episodes this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Meh, never that impressed with Futurama tbh. I found the guy who played Bender naturally funny but the rest of the comedy seemed forced and stale to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

YES!! best cartoon ever!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Excellent, I prefer it to most programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Laguna wrote:
    Meh, never that impressed with Futurama tbh. I found the guy who played Bender naturally funny but the rest of the comedy seemed forced and stale to me.

Very agreeable here.......Like malcom in the middle it had dulled greatly. Unlike family guy it had ran its course, just seems to be an attempt for some handy cash. Viewers like what they know hence "lets not put something new out there lest we not please the sheep".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

Yay! Great news. Now if Fox bring back Arrested Development I'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Laguna wrote:
    Very agreeable here.......Like malcom in the middle it had dulled greatly. Unlike family guy it had ran its course, just seems to be an attempt for some handy cash. Viewers like what they know hence "lets not put something new out there lest we not please the sheep".
    Double agreed here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've been hoping this day would come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He did post at the end, that it might just be the DVDs now and not the episodes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Futurama keeps getting better, Lov the show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

20 March 2006
    Green light for new Simpsons series

US TV giant Fox has announced that it has given the green light for the 18th and 19th series of 'The Simpsons'.

Variety reports that the decision means that 'The Simpsons' will be on US TV screens up to and including 2008.

The move also means that the series is the longest-running comedy by far in Fox's history.

The 400th episode of 'The Simpsons' will air in season 18, with its tentative US broadcast date 20 May 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

As bad as a lot of people say the Simpsons has gotten; I'd still rather watch a new episode of the Simpsons than most of the other generic live-action US sitcoms out there.
    If I get even one decent laugh out of it, it'll still be miles ahead of 90% of cruddy sh1t shown on TV IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Ah balls, had been trying to line up an interview with Mr. West for ages - now he's too busy. But that sadness is far outweighed by: YEEEEEEES, MORE FUTURAMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

dashed against the jagged rocks of despair

http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2020&PN=1

I'm not quite as happy as i was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

ggrrrrrrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

SantaHoe wrote:
    As bad as a lot of people say the Simpsons has gotten; I'd still rather watch a new episode of the Simpsons than most of the other generic live-action US sitcoms out there.
    If I get even one decent laugh out of it, it'll still be miles ahead of 90% of cruddy sh1t shown on TV IMO.

Agree.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

THe Futurama news has made my week - if not my year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement