Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one is better repair or return and buy again

Options
  • 19-03-2006 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I bought 9400 a month ago and i was very happy with its performance up till now. Few days back its video fan wasd burnt out. I noticed it when my system started to heat up quite frequently. It never shutdown due to overheating and i didnt notice any deteoration in the performance. Yes few times my cpu fan started revolving at high rpm and didnt switchoff. I had to reboot the system to make it work properly. If i stick my nose on the video fan vents, i can smell something burnt. It can be fan or anything else, not sure what it is.

Now my question is, is it a good idea to get it repaired for free or return it back and buy a new system with the same specs, ofcourse in case i am getting the same price.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I personally wouldn't have a lot of faith in a system I'd had to return within a month of purchase, doesns't bode well for the future. I'd get the money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ThunderStorm

One more thing i have noticed is that now they offer x1400 instead of nvidia 7800 go. Can anyone tell the performance difference between the two and the reason behind retracting nvidia card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

If it's within the 30 days ask for a swap. Make enough noise and you might get an upgrade.

Thanks, do you know their return policy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Well I work for them, lol. After seven days you're going to get some pressure from the tech guys towards repair, but as I said, making noise will get you what you want. If it's within 30 days it should be simple enough to get a swap. If the agent isn't amenable, ask for their manager.

• Advertisement

WexCan, your info was 100% accurate, i tried that and exactly the same thing happened. They first mention first 7 days and then repair. I made some "noises" as you suggested and guess what they agreed to replace it for me. :D

Thanks, this forum is a gr8 place to get inside info ;)

Ok guys, today i got my new replacement of the laptop. Only problem is that they used x1400 instead of 7800 go. I bought the system with nvidia card not with ATI. So what should i do now ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

there is a very long lead time on the 7800. Last time i check it was 14 weeks and that was a week ago.

If the laptop is a replacement them giving you a 1400 is a downgrade and you should call back up.

Advertisement