Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friends not understanding

Options
  • 18-03-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hey all.

i'm currently a leaving cert student. although i know there is quite plenty of time left to study, i am working steadily to the best of my ability. i go out with my friends one night a week. i am happy with that. however, i have a friend who constantly asks me to meet up. understandably, we dont have much time to meet up anymore and i acknowledge she is putting the effort into the friendship, but weekends are when i've the most time to get something constructive and positive out of my school work. i've told her time and time again that i will not be available to meet properly until easter holidays but she doesn't seem to get it. she is a few years older than me and has sat the leaving. am i being bitchy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not at all. You're just trying to study and do well over the next few months. Arrange to meet her so that you can explain this to her. Emphasis how this is not due to a dislike of her or anything like that, but that right now you want to focus on your Leaving Cert. As she has already sat hers, she has probably forgotten how intense the pressure can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

As she has already done the leaving, why not ask her if she would like to help you out a few hours a week as a sort of study partner. I'm sure she would agree if you explained how important the leaving is to you. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

No. If you can't meet up with her, then you can't; simple as that. It always frustrates me when people don't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    As she has already done the leaving, why not ask her if she would like to help you out a few hours a week as a sort of study partner. I'm sure she would agree if you explained how important the leaving is to you. Just a thought.
    no offence, but that's a stupid idea.. Once you've done the leaving, you DON'T want to go through it again.. Besides, do you really think the OP will get anything done with her friend sitting right next to her?

OP: Don't worry about it, do what you got to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stripey24

Thanks all. I will explain it to her in person over Easter. And I'm the type of person who can only study on their own so yes having someone else with me won't do much good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

While I understand your concern about studying, it's not going to make you fail your LC if you take an hour out to meet your friend, and it's better for your mental health in the long run. You need a break every now and then. Your friend, having been through the lc, probably understands this and this is why she keeps pestering you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No, she's being selfish, give her a telling off and she'll get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Same as previous posters really, you're got a few months to do exams and once there over you can spend time then. You onlyu have to do these once (well some repeat) so try get it right first time.

Advertisement