Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things A-Team

Options
  • 18-03-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Just watching an episode of the A-Team on UK Gold and it had a black helicopter the same model as Airwolf!!

Anyone see the Faceman on Tubridy last week...?

Oh and the 118118 ad....

Great nostalgia...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

jrey1981 wrote:
    Just watching an episode of the A-Team on UK Gold and it had a black helicopter the same model as Airwolf!!

Not just the same model (a Bell 222) but, in fact, the exact same machine. Yeah, I seem to vaguely remember that episode as well. Universal actually owned a couple of 222's for the filming of 'Airwolf' afaik and, in fact, there was an episode where they used the two of them together fighting each other (the episode was called 'Redwolf', I think).

Seeing as they were both shows made by Universal, though, I'm not surprised that there was crossover from time to time in the equipment they used. I seem to recall seeing Face's white Corvette with the red stripe on it also being used in an episode of some other 80's TV show many years ago too. And the Ferrari used in 'Magnum P.I.' used to show up in numerous TV shows around that time as well, including an episode of 'The A-Team' I can remember.
    jrey1981 wrote:
    Anyone see the Faceman on Tubridy last week...?

Ah damn, can't believe I missed that! :mad: I don't usually watch Tubridy anyway (I think he's just a bad Conan O' Brien wannabe, to be honest!) but if I had known Dirk Benedict was going to be on it I would have made an exception and watched. Does anyone know if this episode will ever be repeated maybe?

Didn't he also have Benedict on the 2FM breakfast show a couple of years ago when he used to present that? I missed that one as well. :(
    jrey1981 wrote:
    Oh and the 118118 ad....

Nearly pissed myself laughing the first time I saw that. Brilliant! :D Isn't it amazing how 'The A-Team' theme music is so easily recognisable? Doesn't matter who you are or from what generation or whether you watched the show or not growing up, everybody seems to know it instantly when they hear it.

Remember a couple of years ago the Weetabix ad with the church bell-ringers? I loved that one as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rubberneck

i aint gettin' on no plane..you crazy fool!
    :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Ah the A-Team... what was Face plugging on Tubrity?? I'd almost watch it just to see him

I hear the surviving members are getting back together for some thing on C4, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think they were going to make a film of the A-team, i heard that last year with Mr.T making a cameo appearance. I think it must have fell through thank God, you just cant beat the original series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Ruu wrote:
    I think they were going to make a film of the A-team, i heard that last year with Mr.T making a cameo appearance. I think it must have fell through thank God, you just cant beat the original series.

Isn't MR. T dead? I've a model of the A-Team van from the 80's from whne i used to collect dinkys. pretty cool for a girl. tons better than Barbie!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I've a model of the A-Team van from the 80's from whne i used to collect dinkys. pretty cool for a girl. tons better than Barbie!!!

That is cool...

I had a few of the action figures at one stage and a trike and trailer toy...I really wanted the Face Man and his Corvette, but never managed to get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they did not commit. They promptly escaped a maximum security stockade into the Los Angeles Underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they exist as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...

The A-Team.

=-=

Unless the film is 18's, lots of people die in it, and extreme explosions, it'll suck.

Oh, and a crack commando team from a)Gulf War 1 or b)Gulf War 2?

=-=

Surviving actors are Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz and Mr T, but George Peppard (team boss Hannibal' Smith) died in 1994.

=-=

Seemingly Dirk Benedict is making a nw movie called Earthstorm.

=-=

George Peppard was born October 1st 1928 in Detroit Michigan. He started his film career in the late 1950s. His breakout hit was Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn. His film career continued to go well throughout the sixties. In the seventies he entered the realm of television, starring as the ultra-cool Polish-American detective, Banacek. Struggling with a drinking problem he walked off that show, but returned to the small screen in the early eighties, in The A-Team. In the early ninties he did some stage work, but died of pneumonia May 8th 1994.

Mr. T was born in Chicago, May 21st 1952, the second to youngest in a very large family. Eventually he became a professional bodyguard, which led into his being cast in Rocky III which in turn led to his role on The A-Team and professional wrestling as tag team partner with Hulk Hogan. Diagnosed with cancer in 1995, Mr. T now spends time visiting hospitals and helping others dealing with the disease.

Dirk, born in Montana, March 1st 1945, started his career on stage. In the early seventies he moved to Los Angeles and won some movie roles, including the part of a guy turning into a snake in "Ssssss" and briefly the lead in a TV series, Chopper One. He hit celebrity status in 1978 when he took on the role of "Starbuck", in Battlestar Galactica. Though still popular, even now, it was cancelled after one season. A few years later he was cast as "Face", on The A-Team. After the series ended he had a number of other movie roles. To find out more about Dirk Benedict just visit his web site and pick up his two volume, going on three, autobiography.

Dwight was born November 24th 1947 in Baltimore Maryland. He worked on stage in the seventies, from New York to Los Angeles and points inbetween. In the early eighties he began getting parts in television and movies. 1983 he was cast as Murdock in The-A-Team. After the series ended he did lots of TV movies, episodic guest roles, voiceover work and major roles in a couple of feature films. Since 1990 he has had the recurring Star Trek role (TNG and VOY) of "Reg Barclay."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In the 1st season, the start is actually 10 years ago, A crack commando...................!! Also face wasn;'t in the pilot but some other guy in his place who thankfully got replaced. In the first 3 episodes seems to be where all the credits come from and Hannibal even thinks they might die in captivity in episode 2!
    You should get the box sets, they're dirt cheap onlin (season 2 is about 24 euro with over 20 episodes!)
    Never gone on the ones with Man from UNCLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Isn't MR. T dead?

Mr. T aint dead sucka!

Here's a recent photo of him with "SuperSizeMe" director Morgan Spurlock
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/morganspurlock/archives/Me%20and%20Mr.%20T.JPG

Actually here's a Q: Did Mr.T as BA ever say "I piddy da fuhl!" or words that that effect on the A-Team or was that only as Clubber Lang in Rocky III? I've watched a fair amount of ATeam eps recently and he's never said it to my recollection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Unless the film is 18's, lots of people die in it, and extreme explosions, it'll suck.

I don't agree with that. I think they should do it on an 'ironic' level like the way the recent Starsky and Hutch movie was done. I'm rewatching the Ateam show lately and what with all the great banter between the 4 guys, the endless shooting without anyone actually dying and the mock-self-righteousness of the A-team to name but three aspects I'm enjoying the show more as a comedy than anything else. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Ruu wrote:

I saw somewhere Jack Black and Owen Wilson were cast. Don't know what roles they would be playing. From that I would guess they're going down the comedic route. I think it was supposed to be set in present day, with the old A-Team making a cameo appearance. This was last year sometime, so I don't know how up to date it is.

Advertisement