Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 9400 or 6400?

Options
  • 18-03-2006 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking through dell.ie to see what they have and I was fairly tempted by the 9400, but then I noticed the 6400 seems to be essentially the same thing only with 15.4" screen as opposed to the 17" of the 9400, although the 17" is nice the smaller screen surely means longer battery life and overall lighter. Is there any advantage to the 9400 or are they basically just the same machine in different sizes?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

The 9400 has the option of the 7800 Go graphics card the 6400 does not. The 6400 is a lot lighter and portable. Apart from that they are basically the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lordluxor

The 6400 will have an ATI X1400 graphics card as an option if you can hang on a month…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

6400 is newer :D

Depends what you want it for to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Well they're both pretty much what I'm looking for although I do like the greater portability of the 6400. If I wait for the graphics card will I suffer in terms of losing the discount that's on it now, or will there be something about the same then? Graphics isn't essential for me but I'll be keeping this a while so who knows what the future will bring!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Dell always have discounts going. The "massive January sale" turns into the "massive Spring sale" and so on - I wouldn't be too worried. As LordLuxor said, there should be an X1300/X1400 128MB/256MB option soon enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement