Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused..

Options
  • 17-03-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have become incredibly cynical about men due to a few bad experiences( mainly in the dub clubs)... I always think then when I meet a 'nice' lad they'll prove the last one wrong it never really happens. I'm in 2nd year college and my friends tell me I'm attractive. I'm fairly chatty and passionate about music... I do however like a boy in another course, I think we're quite similar and I spoke to him recently at a party, it was a brief encounter but there was lots of eye contact and i dunno I just got a good vibe.. we got on well... The thing is I really dunno how our paths will cross again as we didn't exchange phone nos or anything, he and I are both in pretty academic courses with crazy busy timetables.. also we've no mutual friends it seems a lost cause should I just forget about him and move on?? though it is so difficult to find someone half decent whom is actually intelligient, good-looking, interesting and won't grope....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

rockor wrote:
    I have become incredibly cynical about men due to a few bad experiences( mainly in the dub clubs)
    rockor wrote:
    it is so difficult to find someone half decent whom is actually intelligient, good-looking, interesting and won't grope....

do you see the connection here?

clubs aren't somewhere to find a "nice lad"

as for the bloke from the party, if you really like him ask the person who had the party or someone who knows him for his phone number. it might be embarrassing but its better than not doing anything about it and then regretting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

We're not all bad you know

"though it is so difficult to find someone half decent whom is actually intelligient, good-looking, interesting and won't grope...."

Not sure about the groping bit but the rest should be easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Have to say that 3am in a nightclub is never the best place to start looking for soul mates & even the nicest lad may come across as a bit of an idiot after drinking for 6hrs or whatever.....

You know what course this lad is on? It shouldn't be that hard to find out lecture times & "bump" into him & ask him out? Or ask someone who knows him to pass on your number or to ask him for his as CV suggests? Should be easy enough....best of luck :)

Advertisement