Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first period on the pill

Options
  • 17-03-2006 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok, is it normal for your first period on the pill to be late? withdrawl bleed, or whatever its called.
    finished my first pill packet on sunday night, start again on monday, but nothing so far.
    will the hormones interfere with a pregnancy test if i take one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest that you ring your Gp or the ifpa 1850 49 50 51 and talk to a dr or practice nurse about it.

Being on the pill will not interfer with a pregnacy test as the test checks for a horror moan that is not present in the pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

from experience - yes and if you're worried about it, its probably not helping. It takes your body a few months to get used to the pill. Missing periods is listed as a side effect on some, have you read the info that came with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 edavey8208

Yes..it takes a while for your body to adjust to the pill. Depending on which one you are on, some are stronger doses then others depending on what your doctor put you on. I know i am on a stonger dose now and even going from one to the next caused irregularities. Stress also will affect it. When i am very stressed out or not eating correctly (consistently) it affects my period. If you are worried of pregenacy though i would try the test, the pill won't affect that, but what you are experiencing is normal. Give it a few monthes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It could just be the pill but if you are really worried about go to the chemist and grab a test.

Advertisement