Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LoZ:Twilight Princess will have Revolution special features

Options
  • 16-03-2006 10:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭

looks like it's official. Don't be surprised if it's launched at the same time as the Rev. The game will have compatibility with the Revolution controller. Read more here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63281

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I just hope swinging the Revolution controller swings Links sword... that would kick all the ass. Pity this also means another delay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't think so. They already said close to the end of Summer which also happens to be the release date of the Revolution.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Don't think so. They already said close to the end of Summer which also happens to be the release date of the Revolution.
    Really! Deadly... i honestly never knew that. *Goes off to update calendar and check meagre savings*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

it's not confirmed but it is the most likely date and what better way to launch a console than with a long awaited zelda game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I think the game is going to be completely wasted on the Gamecube tbh, why don't they just do what we all want them to do and make it a Revolution game and snazz the visuals up a bit..

The fact that it's going to be compatible with the Revolution is surely indicative that the Rev is going to be MiniDisc based just like the GC..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Laguna... fewl ;)

Rev plays both.

It also snazzes up visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

rev can play mini and full sized discs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Cabelo wrote:
    Laguna... fewl ;)

Rev plays both.

It also snazzes up visuals.
    Oh, I am teh n00b!, Didn't know that the Rev plays both! :)

I still feel the game would be better suited as a Rev exclusive title..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Is the rev still going for the old ps3 launch (as it was supposed to launch around the same time, and that that point it was June or May or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

flogen wrote:
    Is the rev still going for the old ps3 launch (as it was supposed to launch around the same time, and that that point it was June or May or something).
    I think they changed that to "It will definatley launch in 06" Expect to see lots of info this E3

• Advertisement

I'd say shortly after E3 and definitely before the PS3. No later than July would be a very good estimation. Revolution production seems to be very much on schedule with no delays so far. Also i'm hoping for a lot of decent launch titles since developers could use the GC dev kits and then just snaz up the graphic when the Rev kits arrive. this E3 is going to be quite an exciting no with Sony and Nintendo really showing off their machines and Microsoft trying to get more japanese interest (and hopefully at least one game worth shelling out for the console, fingers crossed for Ninja Gaiden 2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

No later than July

That doesn't sound like that great of an estimation. July would be the very earliest if anything I would think.

It'll most likely come out before the PS3, but with the whole Worldwide November launch for PS3, it may only be a matter of weeks. Nintendo wants Christmas hype I suppose.

Going head on with PS3 this Christmas might go either way. The PlayStation brand name alone will be enough for kids to ask for one this Christmas. However, some parents might think "€500?! Too expensive, [name] will have to get something else". But there's always kids who get it in the end. Frankly, I think over €300 to spend on a child for Christmas is complete overkill (this coming from a guy who's 14). Whatever happened to getting a toy set worth no more then IR£30 and being happy with it? :(

Doesn't matter because the European console market is Sony's bitch (as PSP demonstrates, not in how much sold, but how fast it's being sold)

As for Zelda's Revolution controls, sounds great. Though, it could turn out to be as simple as a dungeon add-on for Revolution owners. I'd be damn pissed if that was the reason for the delay, though, it couldn't have been....because if it was, Nintendo would be so dead right now.

Advertisement