Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Books

Options
  • 15-03-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place to buy engineering books.

In particular I'm looking for books published by the BSI and IstructE in england. Is there anywhere in dublin that supply them?

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

From my own experience www.amazon.ie is probably your best bet. It actually transfers you to their uk website so beware that the prices are in sterling.

Both Hodges Figgus and Waterstones (both on Dawson Street) will order any book for if it isnt in stock but you may have to wait a while. I had to wait over three weeks for one book and they (hodges figgus) charged me a different price to the one quoted when I ordered it. :(

On the plus side if you order a book from HF you are not obliged to buy it. You can have a look at it and see if you want it or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

sprinkles wrote:
    Where is the best place to buy engineering books.

In particular I'm looking for books published by the BSI and IstructE in england. Is there anywhere in dublin that supply them?

Dan

BSI publications can be bought online from the BSI website. I'd be suprise if the IStructE didn't have similar facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

They do but they don't have the book I'm looking for second hand. Was wondering if any bookstores around town sold second hand or new texts.

Guess I'll wait till it's back in other wise.

Cheers though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are you working for an engineering company?

A lot of companies have access to barbour index or similar and you can get a copy for company use (including study etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pipingdesignerontour

Hi There, a bit of a long shot, I'm looking for a copy of RGB Stainless LTD Stainless Steel Products Manual Or even the Updated Sandvik Version, its a 300 page a5 manual, if anyone could pass on where I could find one it would be a great help Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement