Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Free" Vodafone 3G data card

Options
  • 15-03-2006 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Purchasd an Acer 4000 series some time ago and decided to avail of the free data crd as advertised and instructed in the invocie.
    I rank Vodafone. uk and spoke to customer rep. He took the details, created an account and said would send the card ASAP. Nothing. Rang them again about 2 weeks ago, went through the whole procedure once more. Nothing arrived.
    I got on to them again today to be told that one can avail of the abobe only if you have a UK bank account!
    I rank laptopsdirect.ie and was told that this was true!
    I did not find this in T&C on their web site.
    Just wondering did anyone avail of this offer without having a UK bank account (why on earth would I have one when I do not like in the UK)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you look at the laptopsdirect website, it does state that the offer is only valid in the UK, despite what it says on the invoice.

AFAIR, it's under the FAQ section.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

I rang them before I got my laptop and was informed that I could get it even though I live in Ireland. I also checked the website and couldn't find anything saying that it was only valid in the UK. I never got around to ordering it though. Maybe try calling vodaphone ie?

Advertisement