Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EJC '06 ~ Millstreet, Cork ~ July 9th - 16th

Options
  • 14-03-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Prompted by posts in the "6th Dublin Juggling Convention" thread, I'm making a thread for discussion of this year's European Juggling Convention (homepage). As I'm sure you all know it is being held in Ireland(!) this year. Now, when I say "Ireland" I'm kinda lying. It's in Cork. Some would say this convention is, therefore, doomed from the beginning, but let's be optimistic. :D

[glow=3]Any self-respecting, Irish juggler will be there.[/glow] I know I will be. If you miss it you will be banned as soon as I get home... maybe.

logoejc20065ew.jpg

So if you're looking forward to it, planning anything or want to know things, post here. What are you gonna bring? Is there anything you are especially looking forward to? What kind of accommodation are you going for? Hell, talk about the poster if you like!

I'm quite excited at the moment because I just found out that the EJC ends the day before I have to be away for 3 weeks. Perfect timing indeed!

I'm gonna let this thread go a little wild, at least for now. If there is some breaking news about some mad juggler who's gonna be attending or it is decided that everyone will get free iPods on arrival then by all means go right a head and make a separate thread. But I want all general talk about the EJC to stay in here. Going off topic a bit is fine, just don't start discussing toast or window frames (unless it's the imaginary kind used to help people learn to juggle ;)).

Alright, well I think that's almost it. If I think up anything else I'll post it.

So go, go, and pre-register your asses.

Now, to get the balls rolling: has anyone been to an EJC before? Does anyone here live in/near Millstreet and want to offer some insider info.? I think I'm gonna bring some face paint. Before I search Google, does anyone have any suggestions of places to buy the stuff? Preferably on the net?

posterejc20067pa.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

hey,
    well first of all I'd better warn you that a forum is in development on the EJC site for this kinda stuff. It should be ging live pretty soon, once we work through some glitches.
    secondly, I'm from Cork, I've been to 3 EJCs and I'm helping out with this years (just a tiny bit mind you!), so can try and answer any qs really you might have (I've also already been to the site to have a look round).
    Oh yeah, and you can get good facepaints in the joke shop by the gaiety. (or used to be able to. its been a while since I got some); you need to buy the really expensive stuff though if you're going to be serious about it!
    keep juggling
    Cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hey Cat. Well that's great, the more forums the better. I'll surely pop over to them myself. And thanks for the paint info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NiallKelly

Its online now! - www.ejc2006.net/forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

Just to remind everyone that pre-reg is open - the earlier that you register the easier you make it for Lee,Dap,Helen,Cat,Steve and Garry (and their minions!).

I'll be taking cash pre-reg at DIT's practice for the next 2 Mondays (21+28th March) and at the following two Tuesdays in Trinity (thats the 4th and 11th April). I may announce further cash pre-reg dates. The week, including camping costs E90 for 17+'s, E45 for 12-16's and is free for under 12's.

If you can't make it on those dates you can send a cheque/postal order or bank order (free for those with student accounts) to the address on the flyer... else you can pre-reg online (but then we have to pay to send the money to the European Juggling Association's bank account in Holland and back again - so other methods are preferable this year!).

The flyer and more information is available at http://www.ejc2006.net/registration.php

See everyone in Millstreet,
    Dee

Just to remind people that Trinity juggling is back tomorrow (Tuesday 4th April) and that I will be taking cash pre-reg for the next 3 Tuesdays in Trinity - the UCD option for cash pre-reg isn't looking too promising cause they don't seem to have a practice hall at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Twigy

I wont be able to go for the whole week, are there any day passes? Or will i have to pay for the whole week,if i want to go?

Twigy wrote:
    I wont be able to go for the whole week, are there any day passes? Or will i have to pay for the whole week,if i want to go?
    Don't worry, there will be day passes - prices for which have yet to be announced... so if you can only make it for a few days, you only need pay for those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I'm looking forward to this big time, a week of juggling and I just saw Kris Kremo will be there.

Are many people camping or are people hiding in B&Bs?

I know that I've been persuaded to camp. There doesn't seem to be any drawback to camping other than just not being as comfortable as sleeping in a bedroom. But that's not much of a problem of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

pah! B&B's
    B&B's are for the weak!
    camping is for the lazy!
    dont have to walk from a B&B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

the choice is an easy one, camping and all the 'perks' that go along with it. ;)

the choice is an easy one, camping and all the 'perks' that go along with it. wink.gif
    Hmmm... I wonder if there are any rules against sex on the grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yup, all hot females must report to my tent for testing :D

A video of the site and of Millstreet town.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4641554174747132822

Camping all the way...

Hi all,
    The EJC website has been updated with the programme for the week and site map added.

Programme of events:
    http://www.ejc2006.net/programme/program.php
    Site map:
    http://www.ejc2006.net/thevenue/index.php
    ejcsitemap Web.jpg

ejcsitemap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 violatom

looks good. sounds good. If only I didn't have a job!!
    And it might be rainy - like today. Bah.
    But lets not be too negative, even if it is Cork...

violatom wrote:
    And it might be rainy - like today. Bah.
    buy a waterproof coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 violatom

Stephenm wrote:
    buy a waterproof coat.

And for the fire? Will they stay lit?
    And I wouldn't want to get my glorious 20 euro clubs wet! I really should invest in some decent ones...

I've scheduled some good weather for that week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Really? I've scheduled the best weather ireland can offer i.e sleety rain, hail all interspursed with buckfast

Centra in Millstreet has €9 Buckfast!!

Lol. Just lol.

The worlds biggest juggling convention happened in Ireland last week.

Photos here:
    http://www.albapasser.de/start.htm
    http://www.millstreet.ie/recent%20events/juggling/ejc_update.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 helen_of_poi

Hello all,

As you may have noticed, there was a problem with the print on the EJC t-shirts. We will replace them for you, don't worry!

To get a replacement either post your t-shirt to:

Helen Collins
    28 Pine Valley Park
    Ballinteer
    Dublin 16

or bring it to one of the juggling clubs or conventions (sooner please, rather than later) and give it to one of the EJC team.

Cheers,

Helen

I know I'll probably find out tomorrow evening by asking someone in merrion square, but my curiosity....

what was the problem with the t-shirts???

The white print comes off some of them in the wash.

Advertisement