Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old 1 & 2L bottles

Options
  • 14-03-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember those old 7-up 2L bottles, the ones that had a black "stand" on the bottom. If you pulled it off the actual base of the bottle was round.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah i remember. in school we used the base as flower pots..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Femmy wrote:
    yeah i remember. in school we used the base as flower pots..

Yep, you would cut down strips, fold them over and slide them into the gap between the black bit and the clear plastic.
    The dunnes cheapo ones used to fall off all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah I miss those :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thats weird I was only thinking about those the other day.. for no apparent reason :rolleyes: yeah they were a bit wacky alright... you'd wonder why they didnt just design them the way they are in the first place.. what a waste of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Here comes a boring explanation !!!:o Don't read it if you don't want to fall asleep !;)

I think the reason why they were round was to do with how it was manufactured. When those 1L and 2L bottles are made they are only the same size of a test tube. They then blow air into the empty test tube size bottle and it stretches to the size they need depending on how much air they use. There were round at the bottom so stayed that shape.

They now make bottles differently now so they don't need to do that anymore.The reason I know .....it was a school trip to one of these places and I still can't get the bloody thing out of my head !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement