Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen all green

Options
  • 13-03-2006 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey
    just wondering if anyone can help me,
    ive gotten my hands on an old dell laptop, its running fairly well but the screen has a green tint

(I know its nearly paddy's day and all but id rather not be so festive :) )

Sometimes the colours are okay except for where there is high contrast, like where black and white meet in a picture etc. then i get green along the edges, i dont really want to spend much money on it seeing the price of dell laptops at the minute

is there any way of re-calibrating the screen or is it always going to be green?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Usually a green screen means the lcd is **ucked. Best way to test is to attach an external monitor just to make sure it is the screen and not a problem with the motherboard/video card. If it is a screen problem you can remove the plastic bezel between the screen and the base fairly easy to disconnect/reconnect the lcd inverter cable to try and solve the problem. Just lye the screen flat with the laptop open and slide a screwdriver under the plastic bezel and it will come up at the hinges. You will see a small ribbon cable underneath with 2 small philips screws on some models. unscrew the screws if they are present and pull up the ribbon and reseat it. If this fails by a new laptop.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I fix and repair Dell Laptops.

This problem sounds like a LCD cable problem. If you reseat the LCD cable, this may fix the issue. If the cable is damaged its not a costly defect, the only problem is getting hold of the part to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Sorry,

Far2gud, just read yours, I am saying the same thing.

Advertisement