Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Kilkenny

Options
  • 13-03-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi, I know there is a poker forum, which I get lost in with allt he terms etc, but wondered if any one on boards played in the poker nights in the Ormonde or anywhere else in town

I used play yeears ago with family/mates (have the chips etc etc) but wondering what its like in the organised games . Think I might need some practise

And do they play draw poker as well as Hold'em which I don't really enjoy ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 talltim1

I played in the Ormonde on one of the Monday nights. A lot of good players coming from Waterford, Wexford as well as Kilkenny. It'll cost you €125 so maybe the game in O'Loughlin's on Thursday nights would be better to get used to Texas Hold'em. Check the poker column in The Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IreJohn

is that price you quoted for a rebuy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 talltim1

If I remember correctly it was €65 in and €60 rebuy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Hmm_Messiah,

There's a poker night in Kytlers this Sunday night. (8pm) I'm not involved myself but I know someone how is and it's Hold'em with a €25 entry in and a €10 buy back or something like that. Can't really remember. Probably a good place to get back into the swing of things and maybe earn a nice little pocket money also. €1000, €500, & €250 prizemoney if I remember correctly. Saw it on a poster somewhere around town. Best of luck

Advertisement