Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Good night and good luck!

Options
  • 11-03-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Well everyone I have reached the seventh circle of Hell with Irish Broadband.

After 9 months of frustration, broken promises, mendacious emails, hours of wasted office and personal time, three separate visits from their engineers, grief from significant other and children, I have cancelled the Direct Debit and sent an order into Digiweb Satellite (our only other "broadband" choice in Donegal).

Irish Broadband can whistle for its equipment as I intend to break it all into little pieces, reciting the names of all the various customer service and technical support people who have made my life hell since last May. As for the Communications Regulator sitting in some well heated fancy office in Dublin (being paid by whom?) they should close it down and sack all the staff and save us poor tax payers some money.

My only regret is having actually recommended Irish Broadband to a few neighbours and friends during the initial two month honeymoon period. One lady showed me a copy of her tests on www.irishisptest.com and to my eternal embarrassment and shame it was worse then her old 56K dial up. To all of those I can only humbly apologize and say that signing up to Irish Broadband was the worst mistake I made in 2005.

I thank all those who sent me private messages of suggestions and support, which showed me that at least I was not alone.

Good night and good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i cancelled my service back in august and sent a letter to say ive cancelled my service, then 2 weeks ago i got a nice letter saying they are bringing me to court over not paying 78 euro.

Rang up and the lad told me that 78 euros is what the modem costs that i never sent back to them, so i said ok ill send it to you. Guy says no you cant, we will pick it up.
    Ok. so i inform IBB and the euroroute crowd that the modem will be left in the porch for collection as i dont have the time to be sitting around all day waiting for a call for collection.
    They called 3 times this week and left a note to say "sorry we missed you"
    FFS the modem was in the porch waiting for you with an "attn euroroute" written all over it.
    Rang euroroute about it, they said that they informed the driver about it and that maybe he didnt see it.
    And to top things off for this eventfull week, i get a call from IBB to inform me that if i dont want to return my modem they have no choice but to start billing me again for the service.

The whole lot are a bunch of f*cking ****. I am nearly tempted to head up to sandyford with the modem and demend to see the head manager and give him a piece of my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

What did ya have sparky ripwave? My contract is ended since sep... I still have the Breeze stuff on my roof....

Meanwhile my ibb is rocketing along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

andmor wrote:

Good night and good luck!

Fair play andmor - as I see it it's the only thing you can do. I also told them to come take their gear away a few days ago. Told them enough is enough - 8 months of truly awful service in every respect. They didn't even attempt to defend themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

What did ya have sparky ripwave? My contract is ended since sep... I still have the Breeze stuff on my roof....

yup, the arse of a service ripwave. And actually the whole reason i found boards was googling for ripwave problems.
    Only good thing that came of it tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

See i cant exactly send back my big thing so if they dont take it before i move away i will be selling it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

:D cancelled my direct debit to ibb on friday the shower of cocksuckers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Done and done. I cancelled with them in september. I have moved since but still no word from any courier. I've actually moved twice since getting the thing now that I think about it. They can't find me. Thay cant take away my soul!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

the whole idea of the net is people can inform each other about whats crap and whats not. the ripwave modem is the worst internet service i have seen in this country i had it for a year don't know why. I was told i was in a black spot then i moved still crap. and when you buy the ripwave modem in the shop discover its crap cancel you direct debit you don't get your money back for the modem. in my opinion Irishbroadband know there product is crap but people will try it, thats how they make money but lets hope everyone checks out boards and they can judge for themselfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What's with the dragging up of ancient IBB threads tonight?

Actually, there's no need to post the same thing in 3 threads. Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement