Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop DVD Player Help needed

Options
  • 11-03-2006 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I have a DELL Inspiron 5160, P4, 2.8 Mhz, 512 MB Ram Laptop, It's approx 18 mths old.

The problem I have is that when I put a DVD into the CD/DVD +-RW drive (NEC ND 6500A) My Machine won't play it.

I have WM 10, DivX & Dell Media Players installed but they wont reconise any DVD (Copy or Genuine) I put into the drive, yet they will play AVI / MPEG from CD & DVD...but not proper DVD files...

The only modifications I have made are:

Download codec for Korean Movies (now uninstalled) & updated the latest driver for the Graphics card (XGI Volari )

I have updated the firmware for the DVD/CD RW also

I'm at a loss about what to do, can anyone help Me with some advice??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

do you actually have a dvd decoder installed, ie MPEG2 decoder ala power dvd etc? Download a free trial of windvd or power dvd and see if that sorts it out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Try videolan - www.videolan.org. It will play almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Sparky-s wrote:
    do you actually have a dvd decoder installed, ie MPEG2 decoder ala power dvd etc? Download a free trial of windvd or power dvd and see if that sorts it out

I thought I did (Pre-installed on machine when new) but I've re-installed Power DVD & the Dell Media Experience plays the DVD's now(Tks V.Much!!) but WMP 10 keeps stopping mid play with error messages... I'll try again to re-install from microsoft home page.

Again thanks for you assistance!!:D

Advertisement