Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where have you all been then?

Options
  • 10-03-2006 5:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been anywhere good already this year then?

I've already done one week in Andorra back at the beggining of february and tomorrow I'm off for my second skiing trip of the year to Bulgaria. I think it's Borovets that I'm going to but as I didn't book it I'm not entirely sure. Guess I'll find out when I meet the guys in Gatwick tomorrow. Regardless of where it actually is though I know that the beer will be cheap so can't work out too bad. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

What with living in Austria, having a season pass and not having to work since December i've done a bit! Been about 9 days in Saalbach, 1 day in Gosau, 2 in Flachau, 1 in St. Johann, one in Schladming and just back late last night from 3 in Zell am See. Hopefully i'll get another 2 or 3 days in before the end of the season but all the driving (for day trips) is getting to me. The pass is well paid for already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

A load of us are just back from two weeks in Livigno. Hopefully Ronin will lash up some pics soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yeah the chap is a slow wonker...

also forgot to say:

BEST TRIP TO LIVIGNO EVAR.
    Seriously. It was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It was actually Borovets that I went to.

Was pretty good place and exceedingly cheap for the beers but I don't think I'd recommend anyone to go there more than once right now as they only have a limited number of relaitvely easy runs. The grading of the runs is a bit different from elsewhere as well as the trickest run we encountered was a very very narrow green run that for some reason was marked on the map as being the easiest way back down the mountain. They could also do with linking the two ski areas up properly as you end up spending far too much extra cash on horse and cart rides to get between places ontop of the lift pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

In other news:

shazzam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Used to live in canada and can recommend Jasper as a fecking ace spot..
    Great hills, not a theme park like Whistler, and the price is right.
    Also, the hostel there is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Having been to jasper when Shad0r was living there I can agree the place is kickin. Some crazy people out there.

Like Shad0r said best trip to livigno ever. 2 weeks of madness, minus one night of just chilling..the photos don't do the trip justice..even though it took me ages to get that shot of Sico in the air. ;)..

But its alright. I'm heading back for another 4 and 1/2 days next wednesday. Driving there from the airport and back so it'll be interesting to see how that mini adventure of its own goes. Must renew that travel insurance tomorrow..

If only I could go for a season :(. If not the year coming the year after. Let the saving begin. Next year is looking like switzerland and maybe a repeat to val t or if Shad0r has his way we'll be going to the dolomites or however its spelt..

Fiat 500's make for the best fun ever!

Ronin wrote:
    Having been to jasper when Shad0r was living there I can agree the place is kickin. Some crazy people out there.

Jasper is a sweet spot alright...wouldnt really reccommend going there for a full season though, unless your going over flush and wont need to work. For a holiday its excellent though as its got quite varied terrain.
    Next year is looking like switzerland and maybe a repeat to val t or if Shad0r has his way we'll be going to the dolomites or however its spelt..

Fiat 500's make for the best fun ever!

I have new found respect for Fiat 500s. In my opinion Italy > France but that said after looking at some of those shots of Val T, I reckon I'd be well on for a trip there next year. The terrain there looks phenominal.

Advertisement