Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Laptops- Help Advice Needed

Options
  • 10-03-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi guys

Was just wondering could anybody tell me what these 2 laptops are like iv been looking round and im just looking for some other peoples opinions on these 2 Acers Maybe there are some consumers out there that could let me know what their experiences have been like?

Acer TravelMate 4062LCi

Acer Aspire 3003LC

Cheers guys
    trade-it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fitzer123

I have been looking at them online and I know a guy who has bought one, HP/Compaq have a nice one its the nx7010 but if you are really concerned with budget dell have a nice new range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 trade-it

was just wondering though how people would rate them say performance and reliability and that! I've done a bit research and a lot of people swear by the Acer Laptops so its probably that brand ill go for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Bought an Acer last week. Can't comment on how it will last but so far I'm really happy with it. Not a single complaint. I was really happy with the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Acer laptops are beautiful machines BUT be prepared for at least a 4 week wait for repairs if anything goes wrong :mad: The extra warranty isn't worth it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054896850&highlight=acer

It is what it's.

What model did you go for if you dont mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

I just found this link: http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_1642ZWLMi_LX.AAG05.118/version-1.asp

Appears to be the same laptop; has anyone heard of this laptops direct place or used them? Seems to be a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I also just got myself a acer (aspire 5504) and i love it. I'd highly recommend them. Nice and powerful, quiet and nice and cool at full power. I'm used to using a 3 year old 2.2ghz dell which ran like a horse and would burn the legs off you if you used it too long so i'm very happy. Has a nice slot loading cd/dvd drive as well

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

Actually, it appears to be the same company on further examination!

hi again

I have heard of them alright they seem to be quite good and their prices aint bad either

• Advertisement
Advertisement