Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody done spells with success??

Options
  • 10-03-2006 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi has anybody actually ever done spell that were successfull and that they are near certain that it was not just a coincidence and that it was actually the spell that did it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

Yes I have succeeded. Personally it is a rare thing that I use a spell, I believe that there is far too much irresponsible and frivolous use of magic. I think using spells to find a parking space or force someone to like you etc are an abuse and an insult to the divine.

And besides, bad, ill conceived or silly intentions can often leads spells working with unintended repercussions - as the saying goes 'Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.'

Often people hold on to their intentions and so nothing happens, it is best to forget about the spell afterwards in order for it to be 'released' and run its course.

Tread carefully and slowly, make sure you are safe do not play with things you don't understand, use magic only for worthwhile and honourable purposes and you have a better chance of a good outcome.

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Yes I have succeeded. Personally it is a rare thing that I use a spell, I believe that there is far too much irresponsible and frivolous use of magic. I think using spells to find a parking space or force someone to like you etc are an abuse and an insult to the divine.
    This is an attitude I hear an awful lot.
    I'd love to know where it came from.
    I'm not passing any kind of negative judgement on it, it's just not one I can reconcile with my knowledge of mythology. Love spells are very common place in Celtic, Roma, Roman, Greek mythology.

Yes that's true, but often in these stories the lovers are ill fated or pay a heavy price. I'm not saying that one should not ever use a love spell I just think that a lot of people don't give much thought to things and just act without judgement of the situation.

I liken it to a learner driver jumping into a Ferrari, in order to drive a sports car safely you need practice and experience on something easier and a few lessons do no harm either. If people took a more considered approach and weren't in such a hurry to gain 'supernatural powers' they might be better off - I am always hearing of people getting themselves into difficulties by trying to go too fast or attempting work far above their level of competency and understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

First off I would differencate between praying and doing workings and doing spells/magick.

Praying is talking and sometimes cuting deals with your gods, which will get you results just becareful for the Gods don't give thier word lightly and they will hold you to yours.

I would say a working is a spiritualy ritual or rite done with an intent for an outcome or goal but you do with the guidance of your Gods and guides and leave the out come for what is needed, not what is wanted.

Spell work and magick can be done outside of a religous/spiritual context and with out the interaction of deity and will get results but they may not be the ones you expect.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should and you could easily be tampering with the fate of another person and shortcutting thier path and stopping them from dealing with an issue or learning a life lesson.

It is a tricky balance you have to learn,
    there is no point in doing a spell or working for a new job if you don't do your cv and get it out there.
    But there is also the fact that you may need a new job to move on in your life and on your path and why wouldnt you do a spell/working for it.

But you have to know what you are doing and not meddle and you have to be responsible for your actions and the out comes.
    "An it harm none, do what you will."

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

I'd kinda have to agree with Thaedydal. For me personally I have done spells with success. However I don't often do spell work to help me with situations. More often I would pray, which I would consider different. As for the whole love spells etc., whilst I don't necessarily agree with the threefold (too simplistic IMHO) I do think there are consequences to every action. With spells it all comes down to whether you're prepared to accept those consequences.

Neil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

I'll throw my two cents in with Neil and Thaedydal. I use spells sparingly, workings often and pray lots.
    I would, however, stipulate that I believe that "workings" blur heavily the line between prayer and magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

I believe that "workings" blur heavily the line between prayer and magic.

Have to agree there. That's why I deliberately didn't use my generic "I do energy workings" response, if I did I just knew it would start people debating what is nothing more than magical/ritual semantics :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

anyone done spells that they know for sure the outcome was because of the spell and not a coincidence,i know i asked this before but what im really curious about is how thay worked,like is it because of ur own body energy or is it because of the deitys you used?and are deitys gods or is there a difference?i was looking to do a spell for love in my life ,now i am a begginer so i know i need to research it further but thats what im doing now,so what are peoples experiance of doing such spells,and i am aware of the wiccan rede.and threefold law so i would appreciate it if people didnt tell me about all that if though i am a begginer i would be willing to try spells like this and accept the consequences.so what kind of spells and why have people done?like were they for love,money,health?can people give me examples

You are not going to get examples like that off people here.
    Spells do work and for that reason people don't bandy them about.
    What a person with a lot of experience will and can do is a lot different then a person who just picked up Tittianas book of spells.

You are ment to go and do your own research and figure things out for yourself as life is a learn curve and you don't give a child a knife and expect them to use and respect it properly.

IF you are going to do a 'love' spell I would suggest that you look at bringing love into your life rather then focusing things on any given person,
    and really you have to be able to love and respect yourself first.

And Yes Deity means Gods and Goddesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

My take on spells for love is this:

Contextualise your intentions by deciding that whatever you ask for or intend to create you make as a request, and you only want that request to be accepted in ways that are aligned to the highest good of the yourself and any other people or beings affected, and with appropriate permission.

Whatever ritual you use to set this intention... make sure you think of it as an empowered request, not a command. A request can be declined if it's not right, a command may mean you get what you asked for, but not what you really wanted at a deeper level.

In terms of love, it's a good idea to match whatever you do spiritually with appropriate practical action. So talk to more people, learn and go on more dates and be more active. This makes it easier for your "spell" to work.

The other thing is in order to get to where you want, you may need to look at yourself inside more, such that you recognise ways in which you need to grow or change. The more you make the most of yourself, the more you set yourself up to get the most out of life. Make sure you set your intentions / do your spells in a mindset where you are in a really good and abundant mood, and raise your vibration such that you can better attract what you seek.

I suggest you read "Ask and it is Given" by Ester Hicks.

Also, whether something happened because of a spell or a coincidence is really a matter of interpretation and subjective opinion.

Yet, if you find your coincidences lining up to make what makes you more blissful, you are probably heading in the right directon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robby ht

hello, now then spells and all that magic stuff; My experience of this is... nothing. Sorry to burst the bubble and all that but it seems to me that you can be the most loyal, romantic, honest, decent and genuine person but you never seem to be able to achieve what you desire by burying candles in the full moon, standing naked in a fields etc. I would love, as most people would, to be able to fulfil my hearts desire (and minds desire) by prancing around speaking enchanting words to summon up the goddess and gods to do my bidding, but unfortunately it seems to be a waste of time. I am no expert, saint or anymore godly then anyone here, but really we have to understand that the experience of our lives is the beginning and end of our part in this universe. Once we accept our utter inconsequence in the great movement of the infinite space surrounding us then we will find the peace that we are all searching for. We cannot truly believe that us, as individuals, can make the enormity of the cosmos our own? I wish, as we all do, that it was different but with our eyes, hearts and minds can’t we just accept that we pass like everything else, and the only things we should focus on are the things that make us real in the here and now. My intention is not to upset or insult anyone here, but I do feel that my life experience has re-enforced this voice inside me and for many years now I have looked, as we all have for some meaning, something we can hold onto, and really the only thing is ourselves, partners, friends and family and our own journey from birth to death, and the powerful loving memory that we leave behind.

Your life and your life's experience are what they are and as for each of us they
    are part of how we see and function in this universe.
    Each one is different, each is vaild for each person.
    IF you are aware of in impact of your actions and are delibratly living your life and cherishing those that share it with you then that is a wonderful thing.

Magic is not about prancing about or fancy props. A mechanic can do wonders on a car with a spanner and screwdriver, the average person wouldn't have a clue. In the same way with magic, the rituals and tools are not the important factor - it is the mind and intention of the person using them that is crucial.

If you believe that magic will not work it will not work! The power of will is the essential ingredient. As for affecting the world around us - everything is more connected than we might at first think on a physical and spiritual level. For example Ghandi - a wrinkly old Indian man brought about freedom for his country and the rapid demise of the British Empire without using force. He didn't use magic but his pure wilfullness, spiritual strength and determination inspired others and manifested huge change. One man altered the future for literally hundreds of millions of people! Magic is subtle, there is rarely any pyrotechnics, it often works like a snowball - its energy starting small and gathering momentum over time until it causes a change.

http://wwww.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

robby ht wrote:
    you never seem to be able to achieve what you desire by burying candles in the full moon, standing naked in a fields etc.
    Agreed. Maybe you should try magic instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

robby ht wrote:
    Sorry to burst the bubble and all ...
    Thank you robby. All these lives I've wasted on this magick nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

robby ht wrote:
    but really we have to understand that the experience of our lives is the beginning and end of our part in this universe

Prove it.
    robby ht wrote:
    We cannot truly believe that us, as individuals, can make the enormity of the cosmos our own?

I don't quite follow what you're saying. Do you mean we can make the cosmos ours, or we cannot make the cosmos ours?

I think what he means is that we are arrogant creatures to suppose that we can alter the universe to fit our own needs and desires.

I think all living creatures do that though, everything creates it's own future in the struggle of life, every action of every living thing affects its future and that of the universe, all magic is part of the same process but enacted on a higher level.

Advertisement