Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fleet vehicle tracking

Options
  • 09-03-2006 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here have vehicle tracking installed in the company vehicles they drive?

We are thinking about getting it installed. Fleetmatics was recommended.

I'm guessing employees would have to be informed if the product is installed, privacy issues and all that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i was also going to recommend them as i have heard good reviews of commercial wireless.how many vechiles will you be installing them into.

im sure you have to tell the employee or if you give a company phone you can tryget a software installed on that and they might not even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think its 5 vehicles. Total cost is about €4,000-€5,000.

If anyone here has used vehicle tracking does it reduce employee and fuel costs as it claims.
    Does it help with efficiency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 McCann

I agree employees should be informed. Its one of their rights! :D

Top Vehicle Tracking Infos Here!

Well there is a blast from the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 podgerdodger

Try Halo Security in Cork,For 5 installations you are looking at around €2,000 and €25 per month per installation afterwards,

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

Buddy of mine is using minorplanet. It costs him about 50€ per month for each van but he reckons that he's saving between 500 - 600€ per van per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Arise ye threads of old...

Tell us the ending Rabies, we've been waiting nearly three years!

;)

Advertisement