Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP, Asterisk, SIP, IAX...I'm starting to lose my sanity...

Options
  • 09-03-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Right! Bare with me please...

I've got a Blueface sub, and have ported my old eircom number across (finally happened this week!). I've got an Asterisk@home 2.6 box, and have two Cisco 7960s, a Cisco ATA188 for my DECT phones, and X-Ten on a PC or two. I've got all the clients on my LAN talking to each other, no problemo. I now can't get incoming, or make outgoing, calls via the blueface service. I've used the PABX GUI on blueface.ie to redirect all incoming calls to my mobile when the phones at home are not reachable (like now) until this is sorted (but that's costing me big time). Also, since the porting, my outgoing number shows as the blueface switch, 436-1700, or it did until...

I've been staring at this box for nearly 48 hours solid now, and my left eye is starting to twitch ever so slightly...(the wife is more than twitching without a phone also...)

Help! Ask me some questions about some config files to save me posting the entire contents of my /etc/asterisk directory here.

And now I lay me down to sleep
    I pray my server the wife will keep
    And if it dies before I wake
    My sub to Blueface I'll have to take

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Hi, i had the same problem too, the PBX GUI on the blueface website needs to be disabled on your account and you should, if you already are using IAX protocal to talk between Asterisks servers (i.e your server and sip.blueface.ie)

Email blueface, and ask them make tha changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭soSolid

Aha...will do, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭soSolid

Just an update - I finally got it all working over SIP - I'll look at IAX next week.

Advertisement