Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont know what to believe???

Options
  • 09-03-2006 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi i really dont know what to believe,has anyone here ever had anything spiritual ,like has anyone ever communicated ith god,i while ago i was interested in learning about wicca and paganism but the i read how it is a sin and if i believe in god it would be hypocritical of me to practice wiitchcraft but now i dont kno what to believe i find myself questioning every belief i used to have so is there any proof to in your opinion prove the existence of god or that spells ,witchcraft and wicca are the wrong things for me to do and i do know of the wiccan reede but still im worried about it all ,im desperate for guidence anybody able to give me some help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

You're not the only one who's lost.
    I've just started a thread on the christianity forum trying to describe what I believe about everything.
    Although be warned I have posted just my ideas as they relate to Christianity, so it may seem a bit biased, talking about jesus loads, etc....

have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

I spent much of my youth searching for the ultimate truth, through Catholicism, Bhuddism, Hinduism, psychedelic drugs and crazy ideas of Carlos Castonada, Druidry, Wicca, Taoism, Isalm, Kabbala, etc. At the end of it all I came to the realisation that it doesn't matter what faith you follow, all of that can in fact be a distraction from what you really want - to connect with God and find some spiritual meaning to our existence.

One could say it's only throught the apparently wasted searching and blind alleys that you eventually reach some kind of peace and understanding but why not save yourself all the anguish and learn from others' mistakes! Ultimately it's about trying to be the best that you can as a human being and connecting on a real level to the world around us which we often forget that we are part of. Once you start to do that you see that God is everywhere and in everything and the world takes on a different hue.

Perhaps you should read some of the original core texts of the different religions (not other peoples take on them) and see what strikes a chord with you, forget about your preconceptions and notions of what is hip or different, go with what speaks to your soul.

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Wicca is a spiritual path and there is a connection to the Gods.

There are christain witches who are not wiccan and pratice thier craft as well as thier christian spirituality.

Pagans do bleieve in differing gods and they don't tend to believe in sin.

You do sound like you are that the start of searching for what you want in your life.
    You are the only one who can work out your connection to the devine and in what way you will live your spiritual life.
    Listen to you insticts and don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortible or unhappy with yourself.

There is a lot more to Wiccan then just the rede and doing spells and magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Thaedydal wrote:
    There is a lot more to Wiccan then just the rede and doing spells and magic.
    Oh yeah, well $ilver Crow Moo Cow says you're wrong!!one!!!1

It's a pity the OP didn't come to the moot last night, the very topic we discussed an all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The topic was awakenings and the moot went well last night twas nice to meet people and chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Don't believe in anything too much, unless it's particularly good fun.

Advertisement