Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Landline using VoIP

Options
  • 09-03-2006 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm currently in an office with 3 Irish landline numbers. We want to setup a UK number using VoIP, but Blueface insist that we join the Business plan which gives you another 2 Irish landlines at €35 a month. You then have to pay another €5 a month for the UK line.

We dont need or want another 2 Irish numbers. All we want is one UK line that we can hook up into our PBX. Anyone have any suggestions who we could use?

Gogul

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

port an irish landline (or 2) over to blueface and drop the line rental . 2 analogue line rentals is €40 a month ex vat which would cover the cost nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're going to answer the phone in Ireland, just get the VoIP provider to forward it to one of your existing numbers. It might cost you a cent or two a minute to do this, but you don't have to mess around with variable VoIP quality. As for who can do it, I don't know, but send off an e-mail to the likes of Broadtalk etc. You can obviously go for a UK provider as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

http://www.voipbuster.com

Free calls
    Free uk incoming number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

freespeech.ie are offering UK numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If there's anyone from Freespeech listening, that web site of yours is incomprehensible.

• Advertisement

if you're a software developer or tester you might understand it. "knowledge base" "tickets". I agree it's not very friendly for non-techies alright.

Basically you sign up for an account, make a one time payment and you can have an 01 and a UK number. Beyond that I have no idea what the quality of the service is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

gogul wrote:
    I'm currently in an office with 3 Irish landline numbers. We want to setup a UK number using VoIP, but Blueface insist that we join the Business plan which gives you another 2 Irish landlines at €35 a month. You then have to pay another €5 a month for the UK line.
    I'd say our sales dept. got confused with the talk of the 3 existing Irish landlines if you just want a single UK geo number you can get it with any of the Blue Face packages instead of the Irish geo number.

Aaron

... taxi for freespeech.ie .... :D

Advertisement