Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Drive auto-eject

Options
  • 09-03-2006 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hey all, a pretty big problem has just developed with my laptop. It's an acer aspire 5021WLMi, with a slot load dvd. Every time I insert a cd, in explorer or in setup or anytime at all, it gets ejected after just a few seconds. It's not any button pressing against it or anything, cause I'm able to take the cover off (long story, but it's not affecting it), it just ejects automatically. It happened when i left a cd in and pressed restart, when the computer began to reboot the cd ejected and i haven't been able to put any cd in since. I've tried all the trouble shoot thingies but they are no use, and i can't seem to find any info on google about it.

Any ideas? Should I just go straight to the computer repairman?

Cheers,

Patzer

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Firmware perhaps? Did this start happening after any particular incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Is the cd - Music or software or both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

I was installing microsoft office on the machine, i had unzipped everything from the cd to a folder and then i pressed restart. when the machine started to reboot the cd was ejected and i haven't been able to put any cd, music or software or a dvd into the drive since, without it being ejected after a few seconds.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

patzer117 wrote:
    unzipped
    Unzipped? I wont ask - did you try uninstall or use a restore point?
    IS everything working properly in your device manager?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Unzipped yes (One of my custom special CD's :D)

I wouldnt say office is the problem. That has no business going near the CD drive.

I'd say go to the acer site and see if you can get CD drivers and reinstall them

• Advertisement

device manager says no problem at all. the drivers are also up to date apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

does it happen in safe mode ?

tapping f8 continually during boot up will get you to this menu

if it doesn't happen in safe modem , remove the drive lisitng from device manager and then restart the PC

formatman wrote:
    does it happen in safe mode ?

tapping f8 continually during boot up will get you to this menu

if it doesn't happen in safe modem , remove the drive lisitng from device manager and then restart the PC

it happens in safe mode too, it also happens when i enter setup when explorer hasn't booted yet.

thanks for all the help so far!

Advertisement