Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting timber resawed

Options
  • 08-03-2006 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I collected a load of 9" by 1 1/2" Iroko yesterday for a project and have found that my bandsaw isn't sufficient to resaw the planks into 3/4" boards. Does anybody know where I can get a couple of these boards cut in or around Enfield, Maynooth area. Thks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

stapeler wrote:
    I collected a load of 9" by 1 1/2" Iroko yesterday for a project and have found that my bandsaw isn't sufficient to resaw the planks into 3/4" boards. Does anybody know where I can get a couple of these boards cut in or around Enfield, Maynooth area. Thks

Would you not have been better to buy 2 9"x1" and thickness to suit. It would have been cheaper than 1 1/2 timber.

As you probably know when ripping 9 " down the middle, with teak, its possible they will bow badly. There used to be a sawmill on the bridge in kilcock, I thinks its still there , he may be able to help.

Any joinery with a good re-saw should be able to sort it out quickly. Dunnes in Rahugh, Kilbeggan, have one if you are badly stuck, they might do it.

kadman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Thanks Kadman for the reply. I'll try Kilkock tomorrow. Yep, I should have bought the 9 by 1. If it doesn't work out I reckon it would make great decking...

Advertisement