Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo Piano like Bach?

Options
  • 08-03-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I really enjoy Bach's works for solo piano (do I mean for keyboard, played on piano?) (Goldberg Variations, Well-tempered Clavier, English Suites) but would like to broaden my horizons a bit. Can anyone recommend pieces for solo piano by other composers that someone of such tastes would like?
    I know nothing about classical music (except what I like), so please forgive if this is stupid question. Your suggestions would be much appreciated; thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Custom22

Try Grieg's Lyric suites. Nice, independent pieces you could get your head around. Not exactly Bach in terms of sound, but something different. Of course Chopin is a no-brainer too. That should do you for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You could try some Telemann fugues. Recordings might be a little tricky to find, though. Or some music by CPE Bach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Telemann, Byrd's Clavecin Pieces, Handel (there is a nice Sarabande), Pachelbel (i personally have a lot of easy Pachelbel scores for organ/keyboard), Froberger, Rameau, Lully, Boismortier etc

:)

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Earlgrey

Try some of the Scarlatti sonatas. Played well, they're a joy

Advertisement