Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old style Matey bubble bath bottles

Options
  • 08-03-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I have no idea why this popped into my head late last night, but does anyone else recall the 'old skool' Matey bubble bath bottles from the early 80s?

They were more angular than the modern ones and occasionally apart from the original 'Sailor' there were special editions, like Miss Matey (the bubble bath was a terrifying shade of pink to match the bottle) and a silver 'Space Matey' type one. I think there have even been a 'Santa Matey' one Christmas though I'be not been able to find any pictures.

Hours of bathtime fun (in my odd little head anyway)!

matey173.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Awe :D I havent seen one of those bottles in years.. I can still recall the smell too.. Ah memories

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Ah yeah I used to love them too.They were so bubbly!! I only used them in the 90's though as I wasn't aroung in the 80's!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The old bottles are best!! My mum always buys this when my nephew is staying and we steal it lol. It still smells the same! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Oh. My. God! The pirate! And the ghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I had it in the early/mid 90s. I used to have the mermaid one and my brother had the sailor. It was the greatest stuff ever! We's just moved to England from a tiny town in Finland and were so fascinated by everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement