Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixieland

Options
  • 08-03-2006 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm listening to Eddie Condon at the moment and absolutely loving it. "jammin' at Condon's: Eddie Condon Allstars" i think is the name of it for anyone interested.......
    Can anyone recommend any other Dixieland stuff? I'm not up on the Dixieland stuff at all but i've taken a liking to it.
    Any recommendations mucho appricated;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Get some Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli, fantastic stuff. Make sure Minor Swing, Oriental Shuffle, In the Still of the Night and Body And Soul are on it, unbelievable stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭MonkMuffet

ye i have some Django....i agree it is fantastic...i have 2 cd's: Djangology and Djangology 49.....both contain pretty much the same tracks, but its still good to hear slightly different versions. If you can recommend any specific Django cd's i would be much obliged.
    nice 1.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Django Reinhardt - The Gold Collection. It's a fantastic 2 cd box set, all the best tracks are on it. Have you tried listening to The Original Dixieland Jazz Band? I haven't checked them out as of yet but they're supposed to be very good. Also if Woody Allen has a ragtime band, they're not supposed to be too great but if you feel like throwing your cash around it could be interesting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭MonkMuffet

great thanks, no i havent heard the Original Dixieland Jazz Band.....i'll definitely check them out. I never knew Woody Allen had a jazz band actually (maybe there's a reason for that).....he has some nice scores in his films though so maybe i'll give it a try.
    thanks man.;)

Advertisement