Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asterisk setup

Options
  • 07-03-2006 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Ive setup asterisk, ive 2 softphones on 2 PCs and 1 cordless phone through my ata adapter.I can call all extensions but if i allow 1 ring out and like extension 500 for example it says 'The person at extension' and then hangs up. Ive yet to setup email notification and maybe will experiment with fax but main thing is to get voicemail for extensions working.

On a side note, whats the max number of simultaneous calls anyone has had using asterisk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Check in extension.conf for

exten => 500,1,Dial(SIP/500,10,r)
    exten => 500,2,VoiceMail(u500@default)
    exten => 500,102,VoiceMail(b500@default)

Might be worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭captainmustard

Hi Keith,

checked for
    exten => 500,1,Dial(SIP/500,10,r)
    exten => 500,2,VoiceMail(u500@default)
    exten => 500,102,VoiceMail(b500@default)

wasnt in extensions.conf. Added it and still the same. The person at extension.....

in voicemail.conf

500 => 500,description,emailadd,,attach=yes|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no

have 1 in here for main extension. digital receptionist directs to voicemail box for ext 2001, if call isnt answered, you get the voicemail i recorded, leave a message, it asks you to press 1 to save etc, and once you save your message i should have a voicemail in 2001 box but i call log into 2001 ext and its states ive no messages.bit of a pain

in your extension.conf file us should see something like this.

[mainmenu]
    exten => s,1,Answer
    exten => s,2,Background(blah blah blah)
    exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/500,10,r)
    exten => 1,2,VoiceMail(u500@default)
    exten => 1,102,VoiceMail(b500@default)

so that when you dial 1 it tries to ring a specific extension eg SIP/500 for 10 sec with "r" ringing tone. Then if not answered to voicemail or busy to voicemail

; Ring an extension, if the extension is busy or there is no answer send it
    ; to voicemail
    ; ARGS: $VMBOX, $EXT
    [macro-exten-vm]
    exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid)
    exten => s,2,Setvar(FROMCONTEXT=exten-vm)
    exten => s,3,Macro(record-enable,${ARG2},IN)
    exten => s,4,Macro(dial,${RINGTIMER},${DIAL_OPTIONS},${ARG2})
    exten => s,5,GotoIf($[${CHANNEL:0:5} = Local]?s-${DIALSTATUS},1) ; if the channel is Local, then do not go to voicemail. This is primarily to avoid vm for call-forwarded extensions in ring groups
    exten => s,6,GotoIf($[${ARG1} = novm]?s-${DIALSTATUS},1) ; no voicemail in use for this extension
    exten => s,7,NoOp(Sending to Voicemail box ${ARG2})
    exten => s,8,Macro(vm,${ARG1},${DIALSTATUS})
    exten => s-BUSY,1,NoOp(Extension is reporting BUSY and has no Voicemail)
    exten => s-BUSY,2,Busy()
    exten => s-BUSY,3,Wait(60)
    exten => s-BUSY,4,NoOp()
    exten => _s-.,1,Congestion()

[macro-vm]
    exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid)
    exten => s,2,Goto(s-${ARG2},1)
    exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1}) ; Voicemail Busy message
    exten => s-BUSY,2,Hangup()
    exten => _s-.,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}) ; Voicemail Unavailable message
    exten => _s-.,2,Hangup()
    exten => o,1,Background(one-moment-please) ; 0 during vm message will hangup
    exten => o,2,GotoIf($["foo${FROM_DID}" = "foo"]?from-pstn,s,1:from-pstn,${FROM_DID},1)
    exten => a,1,VoiceMailMain(${ARG1})
    exten => a,2,Hangup

Im not too tuned in on this 'programming', but it would make sense to have a function to cover all extensions and not just 500 in my example. If i was to get voicemail working for my other extensions, i would hope the fix would cover future extensions also, ie if i choose to add a further 5 extensions for eg hopefully i wouldnt need to go near config files but hey, if i have to do it to get it working so be it. The main extension dig recep directs calls to is 2001 and the voicemail for this works great in all scenarios, if i can get the other extensions functioning like this ill be a happy camper

Keith, that code i posted earlier must do the trick.If i record a greeting for an extension it seems to work fine. Ive recorded a greeting for one of the extensions and when called the greeting is played and i can then leave a voicemail. I can then access the voicemail from in recordings so all looks to be fine now.

Thanks for your replies

• Advertisement

No problem, its very hard to decifer all the a*h ****e with all the macros and whatnots. You'll probably find after messing with it that after a while you'll just re-install it with a standard asterisk release.

Advertisement