Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internetcall.com Is there a catch

Options
  • 07-03-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Sorry if this was covered already but done a search and didnt see it ...But anyone used this internetcalls.com, downloaded it today, it lets you make free landline calls over the net to loads of destinations around the world for free including ireland. The site says trial users can only make free calls for 1 minute but i was just on it there for 7 minutes and quality was very good. Apparently if you buy €10 credit (which u can use to ring mobiles etc) this makes you a full member so you can make unlimeted free calls to landlines. This seems really good so just wondering has anyone else used it and what do you think??

[MOD] Edited Thread title to correct URL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

*Retracted*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

IrishTLR, are you sure you've gone to the correct website?
    I see no "search engine" website located at http://internetcalls.com.

There's plenty of working links on the website..including the download link http://internetcalls.com/en/download.html

In relation to the usability of the service I can't comment as I've certainly not used it but as for it being a search engine site it certainly doesn't appear to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

My apologies to OP and Cabaal,

I used the link he provided in the subject [internetcall.com], without an "s" at the end. This caused my confusion.

I un-reservedly apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Arathorn wrote:
    Sorry if this was covered already but done a search and didnt see it ...But anyone used this internetcalls.com, downloaded it today, it lets you make free landline calls over the net to loads of destinations around the world for free including ireland. The site says trial users can only make free calls for 1 minute but i was just on it there for 7 minutes and quality was very good. Apparently if you buy €10 credit (which u can use to ring mobiles etc) this makes you a full member so you can make unlimeted free calls to landlines. This seems really good so just wondering has anyone else used it and what do you think??

I use a service called Voip Buster. Its actually run by the same crowd you mention. Put in 5euro credit 3 months ago, and no problems since. There are 1 or 2 more sites by the same company, and the only difference seems to be that the countries you can call free varies slightly from site to site. I can't remember the names of the other sites, but if you do a quick search in the Bargain alerts section of "Shop", there are a couple of threads in there somewhere about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

IrishTLR wrote:
    My apologies to OP and Cabaal,

I used the link he provided in the subject [internetcall.com], without an "s" at the end. This caused my confusion.

I un-reservedly apologise.

My fault I forgot the s,
    anyway think i will be using this service to call home from now on since i dont have a landline should save the mobile credit some!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 seanpd

Or another option is VoipStunt www.voipstunt.com

I find the quality excellent, even better than Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

seanpd wrote:
    Or another option is VoipStunt www.voipstunt.com

I find the quality excellent, even better than Skype.

I use voipstunt and it is great. Definetly worth the tener. Good quality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I use VOIP Cheap, same set up (and same company I gather).
    It's a grand service, sometimes there's a bad delay on it, and one of the software updates kept causing disconnections, but the issue is resolved now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Do you guys use their software or have you tried hooking up an ATA or IP phone against them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Blaster99 wrote:
    Do you guys use their software or have you tried hooking up an ATA or IP phone against them?

I have a USB to RJ11 converter hooked up to my PC,its a Telbox
    http://www.yealink.com/en/products.asp?TypeName=USB%20Telbox&cTypeName=USB%CA%CA%C5%E4%C6%F7
    This allows me to connect a cordless digital phone to it.
    I use that to make my calls thru Voipbuster.
    It works away nicely and has speed dial .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I signed up for internetcalls.com the other day. There are a few catches:

- You have to deposit a min of €10 credit to use the service
    - As for the "free" calls, the small print says "Max 20hrs per month of free calls"
    - It also says "If limit is exceeded, a minimal rate will be charged as shown in the InternetCalls software", I can't find this "minimum rate" in the software.
    - You have 120 days to use up the credit.
    - If you don't use the credit in 120 days you lose it

The quality is not too bad. First few times there was a huge delay but now it is on par with Skype. Last few times the call has been perfect quality.

Advertisement